Isobel

Laura's POV

That night after I convinced Stefan not to kill himself everything went back to normal, he was able to forget the idea of feeding on human blood and was in control again. Elena's just happy that Stefan's himself again, and I'm just happy that I didn't have to see someone I care about die.

"So what are you doing?" Damon asked.

I was on the phone with Damon and I was trying to stuff my clothes and other things in my bag. "I'm supposed to help build the Miss Mystic float for the Founders' Day parade. If I don't show up in time I get the wrath of Caroline. But I want to check in first." I told him.

"Well, I'm doing great, thanks for asking." He said. I rolled my eyes at him. "I was talking about Stefan." I told him.

"Oh, him? Oh, he's... he's terrible." Damon said sounding as if it was something horrible had happened. I frowned. "What's the matter?" I asked.

"He's just back to boring, straight-laced, off the junk. You've successfully cured him of anything that was interesting about his personality." He said as a joke.

I rolled my eyes again at him and smirked. "Thank you for helping me."

"I hate myself." He responded but I could tell he was smiling on the other end. "Did Uncle John mention anything to you about my field trip with the history teacher?" He asked all of a sudden.

"No. I'm still avoiding him." I said being annoyed just by the mention of him. "Why? What's he up to now?" I asked with a frown when he brought it up.

"I don't know. But I'd love if you could find out for me." He said. "Now why would I want to do that?"

"Because I will love you even more." He said trying to kiss up to me. I scoffed. "Well that sounds like a big fat lie."

"Does it? I thought it sounded genuine." Damon said.

"Nothing sounds genuine from you." I said.

"Only if it's you." He said catching me off guard. "Haven't you noticed the chemistry between us?" He asked.

I quickly regained my composure after I believed he wasn't serious. "We had chemistry? Sorry I haven't noticed." I said with an attitude.

"Then I'm sure you've realised I'd be long gone by now if there wasn't anything left for me here." He said making me pause again. "You have Katherine who you're still waiting for."

"Not anymore."

I wasn't sure what he was implying and I didn't want to expect too much from it either, because it would make me a fool to believe in him again. "... I've got to go, I'm late."

"Have fun with the Mystic queen, I know I did." I scoffed and hung up on him.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I arrived at school to start another day of my boring life with homework and assignments, I walked into the cafeteria and found Bonnie and Caroline. They were working together to put ideas for the float. Caroline called me last night to come in early to help her but I wasn't so sure if Bonnie was going to be happy to see me after what happened that night at the pageant.

I gathered up the courage to go walk up to her when Ric approached me with a serious look on his face. "Mr. Saltzman, is everything okay?" I asked sounding like student calling him by his last name.

"Is Stefan and your sister with you?" He asked. The way he was asking me with urgency make me think something was wrong. "Um... they should be behind me." I told him looking back and I saw Elena and Stefan walking in together.