By the Light of the Moon

Laura's POV

I haven't been able to sleep lately, ever since I learnt Elena's decision to hand herself over to Klaus to save everyone I just don't know how to feel about this. A part of me hates her for being so selfish but then another part of me understands why.

People would say this is admirable of Elena, sacrificing herself to save the ones she loves but this is stupidity not bravery or being a hero. I just wish she thought about my feelings about this, and Stefan's.

Stefan has been stuck in the tomb for days now, the poor guys must be suffering in there because he's stuck with Katherine. Poor guy.

He's probably starving too, I should probably get him something but I don't know what to get him. He's prefers animal blood but I don't want to kill any innocent animals, but if I give him human blood he'll just refuse.

What to do, what to do.

After thinking hard and biting my thumb nail I finally decided to go against my nature morals and hunt him a squirrel or a bunny if I see one. I'm sorry, little animals.

I changed out of my pajamas and wore my sports clothes for the hunt, I have a crossbow Ric gave me in the car so i was just ready to go when I could hear Bonnie and Elena talking in her room.

"Hey, what are you guys talking about?" I entered the room and leaned against the door. Bonnie was sitting on Elena's bed and Elena was pacing back and forth by the window.

"I'm trying to figure out how to remove the spell from the moonstone so neither of you get used in the sacrifice." Bonnie explained holding the moonstone in her hand. "So have you figured it out yet?" I walked over to her.

Bonnie shook her head. "It's gonna take me time but I'll get it." She said looking at me determined. I gave her a smile and a small nod.

"But Bonnie according to Katherine, Klaus becomes vengeful." Elena said worried our family and friends will end up like Katherine's. "Maybe, if he finds out." I told her.

Elena sighed in frustration. "Guys, can't this wait? Stefan is stuck in the tomb with Katherine. We've got to get him out." She said looking extremely worried.

"Stefan wants me to focus on this." Bonnie said. "Don't listen to him. He thinks that he's protecting me, but he's wrong." Elena argued. "Or maybe you are." I said and she glared at me telling me to shut it.

"I'm taking Stefan's side with this one." Bonnie said putting up priorities and took the moonstone from Elena's hand. "We're not gonna let you get used in some creepy sacrifice ritual."

At this moment Jeremy joined us from the joining bathroom. "What are you guys arguing about?" He asked. "We're not arguing about anything." I said staring at Elena looking to see if she had anything to say. She didn't so she kept her mouth shut.

Bonnie hid the stone in her bag and exchanged a look to Jeremy and I, we both got the idea and went along with her. "I need a coffee." She excused herself and left us alone.

Jeremy and I turned to Elena slumping down on her bed when she realised we were staring at her. "What?"

"Why are you on some suicide mission?" Jeremy was clearly upset about this as I was. "I'm trying to prevent everyone else from getting hurt." Elena explained.

"Oh so, bringing Klaus the moonstone so you can get yourself killed is okay?" He looked at her with a scoff. Jeremy shook his head and left when Elena doesn't respond.

"Laura, please tell me you understand. I mean you would do the same, wouldn't you?" She looked at me for compassion. "Elena, let me ask you something. Have you ever thought about how I would feel about you dying for our sake? Or Stefan's feelings? Jeremy's?" I asked.