17

"eotteon sarameun malhajyo
yeonaeneun yeonaeil ppunirago
geugeollo kkeutirago~"

Seungcheol began singing while flipping the pancakes, he was so busy that he barely noticed Y/N entering the kitchen, Y/N smiled to herself because she now knew that Seungcheol has a really nice voice.

Y/N didn't mind Seungcheol and set the table silently, Seungcheol began singing high notes and Y/N couldn't help herself but laugh, Seungcheol on the other hand, upon realizing Y/N's presence, dropped the spatula.

"I- I didn't know you were here already." Seungcheol said picking the spatula and placing it on the sink, he grabs another spatula on the cabin and he cursed himself silently because he stuttered.

"Yeah, sorry if I startled you."

"No, it's fine. Where are the kids?"

"At the bathroom, brushing their teeth and getting ready, is it really okay for me to come? I mean this must be a family bonding, and I am just an outsider-"

Seungcheol cut her off with a wide grin, Y/N raises an eyebrow in confusion of his sudden action.

"Y/N stop worrying about that, you were never a burdensome and besides ever since you entered this house, you are part of this family already."

Y/N smiled wide upon hearing that, "Thank you, this means so much to me."

"Always"

They just stood there, grinning at each other until they smelled something burning, "Oh the pancakes, you forgot."

"Yeah the pancakes." Seungcheol said turning the pan off, fortunately the kids entered the dining room so
Y/N wouldn't be that worried if there will be some awkwardness after that.

"Good morning~" The kids greeted in unison.

"Good morning kids" Seungcheol greeted back

"Good morning, seems like you all are in a good mood." Y/N said

"Of course, because it's Sunday, Appa doesn't have work." Hoshi said beaming at them.

"Okay let's just eat and talk later, we don't wanna waste this precious time, do we?" Sassy Boo Seungkwan said.

"Tss you're just as excited as ever." Hansol teases Seungkwan.

"That's enough, let's just eat." Jeonghan scolded them.

After eating, Y/N got ready. She packed the things the kids would need and put in the car's compartment.

"Y/N"

"Oh S.coups, what is it?"

"I should've carried that for you."

"No, it's okay, and besides I can handle it-"

"Dad dad dad, let's go!" Seokmin whines.

"Okay, get in the car."

Jeonghan was riding the shotgun, and he would snicker every time he caught his father checking  Y/N at the back seat through the mirror.

"Y/N" Jihoon whispers

"What is it Woozi?" Y/n whispers back.

"I'm hungry."

"Already?"

Jihoon nods while pouting, "the others too."

Well it's been 4 hours of trip since breakfast, Y/N thought.

"The foods are inside the compartment, what should I do?"

They only gave her shrugs as answers.

"Uhm Seungcheol?"

"Yes? What's the matter?"

"The kids are already hungry, it will be such a hassle if we stopped the car right now just to get the food."

"I know, maybe we should just drive thru?"

"That sounds great dad!" Joshua said, "Maybe McDonald's will do." He said pointing at the fast food.

"Chicken nuggets chicken nuggets chicken nuggets." The kids chanted.

The two adults just shook their heads and laughed at the kids' silliness.

After eating, they rested in the car for a while, Y/N noticed that Dino has been shivering so she took of her cardigan and placed it over Chan, Seungcheol saw it and smiled.

Minutes later they started driving again but they were stopped by a police officer, the police officer went running and knock on Seungcheol's windowpane.

"Sir, I'm officer Jeon, kids are not allowed at the front seat, I'll let this slip away because I think you have a very special day with your kids but please the kid must switch with his mother."

"I'm not his mother... but fine, Joshua?" She turn to Jisoo.

"Yes?"

"Carry chan okay?"

"Yes Y/N."

Jeonghan and Y/N switched seats, "Thanks for your concern, Officer Jeon."

"No problem, have a safe trip sir."

"You too stay safe"

Seungcheol was about to start the car but he noticed that Y/N didn't put her seat belts on, so without second thinking, he leans in and buckles the seat belt for her. Y/N was surprised and was frozen to her seat but she managed to say thank you to Seungcheol.

It's almost lunch when they reached Namsan Park, the kids are already awake and ready to enjoy the view. Seungcheol and Y/N set the foods on the table. Clouds are turning gray but they just ignored it. After eating they stayed at the top to enjoy the view, but it ended when tiny droplets fall to the ground, and those tiny droplets became big, people began running to different directions, but Seungcheol managed to get most of them inside the car.

"Appa?"

"Yes Seungkwan?"

"Y/N and Woozi aren't here."