Chapter 3

Kailie's POV

After the four of us return to the mansion, my friends drop me off to let me relax. I'm not gonna complain. I've had too much human interaction today.

As their car speeds off down the street, I enter Tyler's house and begin wandering throughout the ground floor. Except for a few new decorations, everything seems to be the same.

After I finish exploring the house, I make my way up to my room to grab my flask. I haven't had a drink all day, so I need something soon. I dig through one of my duffel bags and pull out my whiskey/vervain container. I go to take a sip from it, but nothing comes out. Damn. I must have forgotten to refill it. 

There's only one place I can go to, and sadly it's not downstairs. If I touch any of the alcohol here, Mrs. Lockwood and Tyler would both freak out, so I can't drink any of theirs. Plan B here we go. I will just have to deal with people. Before leaving the room, I pocket one of my vervain vials to put into my drink. 

I walk out to the front porch and survey the area to see if anyone's watching. When I spot no wandering eyes, I speed off back towards the Mystic Grill. I stop in the alleyway next to the restaurant and walk inside. Ignoring the stares from nosy citizens, I walk over to the bar and plop down onto a seat. I compel the closest bartender for a glass of whiskey, and the man rushes off to fix it. 

Once he slides the glass towards me, I wrap my fingers around it and grab the vervain vial from my pocket. Pouring the liquid into the drink, I swirl the glass around in my hand, before raising the alcohol to my lips. Right before I can take a sip, a familiar voice pops up from behind me.

"Well what do we have here?"

Great...the jackass is back. All I want is some whiskey, and I can't even get that without someone coming up to me. Placing my glass back onto the counter, I turn in my seat to face him.  

"What do you want?" I question the Salvatore, raising my eyebrows at him. Damon smirks down at me, before sitting down on a nearby stool.

"I just want to drink away today. Oh and lookie here! There's a glass calling my name." he states, snatching my drink from me. "So what about you? I thought you were hanging out with the Three Stooges."

Rolling my eyes at the moron, I gesture to the bartender to fix me another glass. While he works on it, I narrow my eyes at the idiot. Damon sets his glass down onto the counter, still having not taken a sip from the vervain-tainted alcohol.

"If you must know, they had to go deal with something. Apparently, it was too private for me to come along." I explain, taking my new drink from the bartender. 

I chug the whiskey back, before slamming the glass down onto the counter. Damon chuckles lightly and finally takes a sip. I have to stifle my laughter when he spits out the liquid in pain. Serves him right. Leaving over towards the vampire, I smirk and whisper to him.

"That was for Mason."

Before he can do anything, I leave Damon behind at the bar and exit the restaurant. On my way out, I can feel daggers being glared into my back by the Salvatore, but I ignore them. I walk back over to the alleyway and make sure no one is near me, before I speed off towards Tyler's house. Can tomorrow please just be peaceful?

 Can tomorrow please just be peaceful?