Chapter 17

Kailie's POV

"Chop chop! I need this plan done now!" I exclaim to Tony, clapping my hands together. The hybrid speeds off to my twin's house to enact my evil plan. Smirking to myself, I swallow the rest of my bourbon in one gulp and pull my phone out to call the bitch. Time to see how everything's going at the Gilbert residence. 

"What did you do, Kailie?" my whiny twin questions, obviously crying from the Alaric situation. I hear the paramedics just arriving on the scene to help the dying man. Rolling my eyes, I pour myself another glass of alcohol. 

"Nik still doesn't have the coffins, Elena. That's all he wants, but you all still haven't given them to him. So until they're returned, I am going to make your life a living hell." I explain to the bitch, taking a sip of my whiskey.  

"Yes, but the paramedics are here. They're going to help him. Your plan failed." Elena triumphantly states, lightly chucking at my 'failure'. Before she can continue, I hear the familiar voice of Tony in the background. My twin begins sobbing over her guardian, while I chuckle menacingly.

"Did you honestly believe that I didn't have a plan B? Or a plan C, D, E, or F? Honestly I could go through the entire fucking alphabet." I question the bumbling idiot, as she cries out for her guardian. "Nik said that I can't kill you, Elena, but that doesn't mean that I can't attack your friends and family. See you soon, brat!" 

Hanging up the phone, I swallow the rest of my drink and get a refill. A few hours later, I leave the Mystic Grill to go see the results of my plan, when I get a text from Nik telling me to leave Jeremy alone. Awwww. There goes all my fun. 

Instead of going to Elena's house, I make my way to back to Nik's mansion. As I walk through the front door, I hear the end of a conversation with the Original Hybrid and follow the sound to the living room. Once I get there, I spot Nik plunging a dagger straight into Rebekah's heart. Well that's something you don't see everyday. 

I lean up against the doorway and let Nik have a moment to wallow in sadness for his sister. After thirty seconds, I decide to break the silence.

"Are you done?" I question, ignoring the Original Hybrid's stare and walking directly to Rebekah. "Shame. She's my favorite Mikaelson right now."

Nik groans at my comment, causing me to let out a light chuckle. Serves him right for stopping me from hurting Jeremy. I was having fun!

"You're lucky I can't dagger you as well." he mutters to himself, wrapping one of his arms around my shoulders. "How would you like to go get a bite out to eat?"

"I could go for someone right now." I mutter, as my thoughts redirect towards our unsuspecting victims. The only problem with drinking in Mystic Falls is that we have to keep the victims alive. We don't want Sheriff Forbes finding out about more 'animal attacks' just yet.

~~~

Curse you, Niklaus Mikaelson! I don't know how he managed to do this without compulsion, but Nik got me to agree to re-enroll at the high school to keep an eye on Elena. He promised that he would get a witch to figure out why I was having dreams of his family, if I watched over my whiny twin. 

After I leave the front office with my schedule and locker number, I notice Bonnie and Elena hanging out around a locker. As I walk closer to them, I listen in on their conversation.

"Jeremy's going to be leaving town for a while. He'll be staying with some old family friends in Denver, until this whole Klaus thing blows over." Elena explains to her friendly neighborhood witch. 

"Jeremy wouldn't just leave you to deal with Klaus on your own." Bonnie states with a hint of confusion. I decide to make my presence known just to mess with them more.

"Oh he definitely wouldn't. You had your raven-haired boy toy compel our brother to leave town, didn't you?" I ask my twin, who won't even look me in the eyes. Well that answers that question. Elena rolls her eyes before trying to bash me. 

"Why are you even here, Kailie? Don't you have some booze to drink?"

Narrowing my eyes at her, I take a couple steps towards Elena, causing her to press her back against the nearby locker. I sense Bonnie's glare but ignore it entirely. I can feel the witch trying to give me an aneurism, but I'm perfectly fine. Living with Gloria helped me build up a small tolerance to witchy ju-ju. 

"Actually I'm here to plan out who of your friends and family I'm going to torture next. Nik only said to not touch you and Jeremy. He never mentioned anything about Matt, Caroline, or Alaric. Now while you try to figure out my next move, I'm going to go learn about Calculus. See ya!" I detail to my sister and ex-friend, before walking off to class.

~~~

Throughout the eight hours of hell, I keep an eye on Elena, making her feel extremely paranoid. After torture was over for the day, I speed back to Nik's mansion to see construction workers scattered throughout the house. Walking into the house, it doesn't take me long to locate Nik and Tyler having a conversation in the living room. 

"I'll find another way to strike at Stefan. You can go now." Nik instructs my friend, who promptly leaves the room in anger. What was that all about? Once the Original Hybrid sees me enter the room, a smile crosses over his face. 

"So, love, how did you first day of school go?" he teases me and laughs after seeing the annoyed expression on my face. "Not well I presume from that look on your face."

"Let's just say that you're lucky I tolerate you." I tell him, causing the Original to burst into laughter. "I had forgotten how annoying teenagers were on a daily basis. If I hadn't brought a bottle of bourbon with me to school today, I would have probably drained a few cheerleaders. Oh no wait. I did that too. Whoops."

Nik walks over to me and wraps his arm around my shoulder. Leading me into another room vacant of any hybrids, he turns and looks down at me with a serious look. Is this about the coffins? Has Stefan done something to them?

"Kailie, I heard back from the witch I had investigate your dream visions." Nik starts off, visibly paling. "I don't know how her information is possible, but it's true."

What could Nik be talking about? What was freaking him out so much? They're just dreams. It can't be that bad.

"Nik, what are you talking about?" I question the Original Hybrid, giving him a concerned look. A sympathetic expression passes over his face, and I know that whatever that witch told Nik is bothering him.

"Love, you're not just a doppelganger. You're Astrid."