Chapter 18

Kailie's POV

I stare at the Original with a confused look, tilting my head slightly to the side. How could that even be remotely possible? From what Nik has told me, his younger brother Kol killed Astrid almost a thousand years ago. I was born in 1992 and mostly grew up in Mystic Falls. There is no way that I'm her.

"Do you remember what I told you about Astrid's death?" he questions me, causing me to raise my eyebrows. Narrowing my eyes, I cross my arms and nod slowly.

"Well, I didn't tell you the full story." Nik states, rubbing the back of his neck. Why am I not surprised? "Back before Astrid died, she was a beacon to the village. Except for her twin sister Tatia, Astrid was loved by everyone. Even Mikael was fond of her. To protect her, our family friend Ayana and my mother placed a spell on her in secret. After she died, it took effect."

"What was this spell?" I push further, feeling nervous for the answer I'm about to receive. Nik is giving me a sympathetic look, making me freak out more.

"It connected Kol and Astrid's souls together and made her soul pass onto her next doppelganger. After the 'reincarnated' Astrid became a vampire, she would develop Original Vampire strength and speed, and all of her memories would be returned to her. She is you, love."

All I can do is stare in shock at his words. I don't know how to feel about this. If this is all true, it means that I'm actually...oh great.

After taking a few seconds to compose myself, I clear my throat. Well this is interesting to say the least, but it doesn't change anything. Looking around, I only see one Mikaelson standing here. He daggered Rebekah a few days ago, and I haven't seen any of the others except in my dreams. 

"Is there anything else you want to tell me about Astrid while it's out in the open?" I question the Original, uncrossing my arms. Nik nervously scratches at the back of his neck again, causing me to raise my eyebrows in confusion.

"Well there is one rather important thing I left out. The reason why Kol and Astrid's souls were bonded together was because they were married. So technically, love, that makes you a Mikaelson."

~~~

A few hours later, Nik managed to drag me to the Wickery Bridge Restoration Fundraiser he convinced me to attend. It's a complete waste of time, but the Original Hybrid bribed me with twenty bottles of Jack Daniels. I couldn't exactly say no to that. For the next few hours, I have to mindlessly wander around the Mystic Falls Founders Hall and drink to curb my bloodlust. Sounds simple enough. 

Currently, I'm chatting with Nik and Mrs. Lockwood about a possible alliance with the Council. If we can get their support, Nik and I will be able to find Stefan and retrieve his...our family. After that, I'm ripping the younger Salvatore to shreds.

I walk off to go find myself a drink to numb my anger. Upon receiving a glass of bourbon from a nearby bartender, I make my way back over to Nik and Mrs. Lockwood to see Damon standing with them. What is Moron #2 doing now?

"Carol, don't take this the wrong way. But do you realize that you've been kissing the ass of an immortal hybrid who ruined your son's life?" the older Salvatore questions her, as I walk up next to them.

"You're one to talk, Damon. From we've heard from Tyler, it seems that you and the rest of the Scooby Gang threw him into this mess in the first place." I state, earning a glare from Damon and a smirk from Nik. Before the Salvatore has a chance to gripe at me, Nik pops in.

"Oh, come now. Some might say I saved it, what with all that nasty full moon business." he starts off, before turning to Mrs. Lockwood. "I never had to go through it myself more than twice to be honest, but still...I'm very sympathetic."

She nods in response and turns back to face Damon. I take a sip of my alcohol, as Nik smiles down at me. I smirk up at him, knowing that our plan is working. We're one step closer to getting the rest of Nik's siblings back. Hearing Tyler's mom begin to speak, we both turn back to the Salvatore.

"Klaus and Kailie have promised to protect Tyler, Damn, and our town." Mrs. Lockwood describes our deal to the younger vampire.

"From who? His hybrids are the ones the town needs protection from." Damon spats out at the Original Hybrid and I. Before another word can fall from Nik's mouth, I butt in.

"Well we'd have no use for them if your brother would kindly return Nik's family." I explain, plastering an innocent smile on my face. Glaring down at me, Damon responds quickly.

"Not gonna happen."

Nik instigates a glaring match with the vampire, before turning back to Mrs. Lockwood. Our deal should be agreeable to him. And if he doesn't like it, there will be hell to pay.

"That's what I thought, which is why we've come to an agreement with the Mayor. You and the Council stay out of our hairs, we'll stay out of yours. Your town gets protected, my hybrids get left alone, and everybody will be happy." Nik details and steps closer to Damon, while Mrs. Lockwood nods in agreement. "All you have to do is to get Stefan to stop decapitating our friends."

After Damon doesn't respond for a few seconds, Mrs. Lockwood butts in again. Maybe she can snap some sense into him.

"Please, Damon. Just get your brother under control, or the Council will be forced to take action against him." she pleads, while I smirk on in happiness. I honestly hope that the Council has to take action against the younger Salvatore. He definitely deserves it.

"You've got to be kidding me." Damon grumbles, glaring at Nik and I again. Wow he really doesn't know how to do anything but glare, does he? Well that and push women into having sex with him. 

"Oh come on, mate, give peace a chance." Nik jokingly utters, while I down the rest of my bourbon. Mrs. Lockwood walks off, as the Original Hybrid gives me a curious look. What? I was thirsty, and I need it after dealing with the asshole tonight.

After a while of conversing with the humans, Nik and I glance up to see Damon gesturing for us to follow him. What was this all about? the Original Hybrid tells me to stay here and keep a watch out for Stefan, before quickly stalking after the Salvatore.

A few minutes later, I notice Nik walk out of the room and storm outside. Following after him, I hear him talking on the phone with somebody.

"Fine. I'll send them away. You win." Nik grits out, clinching his other hand into a tight fist. Another few seconds pass by, before I hear him scream again. "Stop the car, Stefan!"

Oh you have got to be kidding me! Right as I go to stand next to the Original, Nik hangs up the phone and shoves it back into his pocket.

"Everything alright, Nik?" I ask him, feeling worried from his anger. What did Stefan do?

"I just agreed to remove my hybrids from Mystic Falls, since Stefan just tried to turn Elena into a vampire. What do you think?" Nik screams at me, while I cross my arms and glare at him. Well there's no need to yell. 

Before I could utter another word out, I get a call on my phone. Without checking to see who it is, I answer it and hold it up to my ear. Almost immediately, I hear crying and an obnoxious voice from the other end. 

"Kailie, I need your help." Matt begs me from the other end. Oh great. Could this day get any worse?

"Don't care." I state, before moving to hang up the call. The teen screams long enough to get my attention. It feels like my heart stops beating whenever he utters his next sentence.

"Caroline's hurt."