Chapter 10

Kailie's POV

Upon opening my eyes and looking around, I notice that I'm sitting in a flower-filled field. The sun is slightly hidden by clouds, and there is a nice breeze blowing through the land. I turn around to see a few primitive houses in the distance. 

Walking over to them, I notice a sword fight going on between two men. One of the men has long brown hair filled with braids, while the other man has long blond hair with braids. The brown haired man is only wearing a brown sleeveless vest, while the blond haired man is wearing a blue sleeveless vest and a white tunic underneath. They both have their backs turned to me, so I am not able to find out who they are.  

They continue fighting, as I pass by them to see a teenage girl with braided blonde hair and a young boy with long brown locks watching the fight. They seem to be intrigued with the fight, distracting me long enough to not realize that another man is walking up to me. After sensing his presence, I look up at the man to see dark brown eyes glazing lovingly and a gorgeous smile grinning at me. When I don't immediately recognize who he is, he frowns and reaches out to hold my hand. 

"Love, what's wrong?" he questions me, as I begin to feel light-headed. I sense that I am about to faint and fall on top of the man. My vision turns black, and I am unable to see anything else. 

I gasp for air, as I jolt out my bed. I attempt to catch my breath for a few seconds, as I look around the room to figure out where I am. Oh right...I came back to Mystic Falls.

When I got back to town last night, I almost shocked Tyler to death. He probably didn't expect me to ever come back. In his defense, I didn't want to, until I all but assured Elena's death.

I stand up and walk over to the bathroom, wiping my eyes of any gunk. Once I am in there, I look in the mirror to see a different person looking back at me. I look like I just crawled out of a dumpster in the middle of a heatwave. A typical morning.

I quickly get dressed and exit my bathroom to grab a blood bag. At this point, I honestly don't care if I attack anyone, but I already have a month's supply of blood ready for me. It's pointless to draw any unnecessary attention to myself.

I leave my room to head downstairs, when I hear a screaming match from the living room. Ooh! Let me grab my popcorn! From what I can tell, Caroline is yelling at Tyler and not letting him get a word in. It's not any different than usual.

"What the hell, Tyler! You said she was going to be out of town by yesterday!" Caroline screams at him, as I stand at the top of the staircase. Neither one of them realize I'm here, so I take advantage of it.

"I thought she was going to be too, Care. But she just showed up on my doorstep last night." Tyler calmly replies, crossing his arms. I roll my eyes at the overdramatic couple. I feel like I'm stuck in a shitty soap opera right now. Instead of letting them continue, I chime in, walking down the staircase.

"You know, you could just ask me." I state nonchalantly, crossing my arms once I reach the bottom. Both of them turn towards me with a shocked look, obviously not expecting me to be standing there.

I stay quiet, giving them a chance to ask, but they don't. Rolling my eyes, I leave the house to go get some booze...or blood. Whichever one comes first.

I eventually make my way to the Mystic Grill to find it almost empty. It is 10:30 in the morning after all. Everyone is most likely either still asleep or busy. More booze for me then. I compel the nearest bartender for a bottle of Jack Daniels and a glass and begin drinking my day away.

Around my fifth drink, I hear someone walk up next to me. Out of the corner of my left eye, I spot Tyler giving me a concerned look. Just great.

"I don't need your pity." I utter, taking another sip of whiskey. As I set my glass back down onto the counter, he pops up.

"What happened, Kai?" Tyler questions, causing me to fully turn to face him. It took him long enough to ask. I thought I would die of old age, before he would.

"Life. Life happened." I cryptically respond, throwing back my head to swallow the alcohol. Tyler sighs and doesn't press the issue any longer. He stands up to leave but turns back to face me.

"You don't have to if you don't want to, but it's Senior Prank Night at the high school. Caroline, Bonnie, and I would really like you to come. We're trashing everything." Tyler offers, causing me to put my glass down.

My immediate reaction is to decline, but I stop myself. If Nik is on his way back to Mystic Falls, he's most likely going to strike tonight. If I go with them, I'll be up close and personal with his revenge plot. Now that sounds like fun.

"I'll be there." I reply, seeing a smile plaster on my friend's face. He's way too happy about this.

"Great. Meet us there at 7:30." Tyler explains, before heading out of the restaurant. Finally! My peace and quiet has returned! Time to drink!

 Finally! My peace and quiet has returned! Time to drink!