Chapter 34

Kailie's POV

After I make sure that the truck is completely submerged by water, I return to my family with a satisfied smile on my face. However, once I see the looks on the Mikaelsons' faces, the grin vanishes. 

"Astrid, who turned you?" my brother-in-law questions, while I think back to where it all started. Jake Collins. The only thing I know about his bloodline is that he was directly sired from one of the Mikaelson siblings. That's all I found out back when I did research on him. I could never find out which one of them turned the bastard. 

"His name was Jake Collins. One of you turned him." I explain, hoping that Niklaus wasn't his sire. Kol lets out a heavy sigh and pulls me closer to him. He turned the fucker. Thank god for my husband!

The four of us speed off towards the mansion, wanting to safely grieve our fallen family member. Thankfully, none of them ask me about what I did at Wickery Bridge. That is definitely not a conversation I want to have right now. Once we get there, I run up to my room and lie down on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. 

Waiting for Kol to come to bed, my mind takes in today. Niklaus is dead. We may have disagreed a lot, but he was still family. Even back before I married his brother, we were family. He was my best friend during our human years. While everyone else in the village would call me by my first name, Niklaus would call me Tri because of how much time we spent together in the woods. 

Memories of our close relationship flood my brain, causing more tears to fill my eyes. I brush away any that fall, as my husband enters the room. He lies down next to me and wraps one of his arms around my waist. I lean back against his chest and attempt to get some sleep. Kol holds me close throughout the night, in fear that one of us will die.

~~~ 

The next morning, Kol and I are getting ready to leave town, when Rebekah comes into our room. She asks to have me come help her pack, so I kiss Kol on the cheek and meet her downstairs. The two of us walk down to Niklaus' study and pack up all of his art. While I am collecting his canvases, my sister-in-law begins to put all of his drawings into a box. 

All of a sudden, I can hear someone come into the room behind us. Before I can get a word out, Bekah speaks up.

"You should know better than to sneak up on a lady." 

I turn around and see Damon surveying the room. He has no right showing up here. He's partly responsible for my brother-in-law's death. After sending a glare his way, I return to packing.

"Good advice. Have you seen one?" he taunts, causing Rebekah and I to glare more. Wanting to get this over with, I focus on packing up the room instead of the conversation. All of a sudden, bullets are fired through the windows, hitting Bekah in her heart and me in my stomach. I fall unconscious from the pain, causing my vision to completely black out. Great start to an already shitty day.

~~~

When I wake up, I'm tied to a car seat with ropes. Groaning, I glance up and see Caroline and an unconscious Rebekah sitting across from me. Caroline's eyes widen upon seeing me. Apparently, she didn't think that I was in town. I send her a soft smile, before groaning again in pain from these ropes and my gunshot wounds. I wiggle around to free myself, but the ropes are too tight and are lightly burning my skin. 

"Vervain ropes." Caroline explains, when I stop struggling. Damn it! I ran out of my packed vervain supply a few days ago. I knew I should have stopped at my house before we went to Vegas. "Looks like Alaric outed us all to the Council."

"Seriously? Ugh. Okay, I understand why they took us, but what does the Council think that it can do with Bekah?" I ask my best friend, who shrugs her shoulders in response.

All of a sudden, something crashes into the car and flips the vehicle onto its side. My legs are hanging down towards Rebekah and Caroline, and the only thing keeping me up are the ropes. Sharp pains shoot through my body, causing me to growl. 

"What the hell happened?" I grit out, trying to block out the affliction. Honestly, it hurts to breathe right now. 

After a few seconds, the backdoors to the van are ripped off. Tyler stands there with a concerned look on his face. Caroline looks surprised to see him, causing me to raise my eyebrows at her. What happened while I was gone? 

Before I can get any answers, the hybrid rips the ropes off of Caroline and pulls her out of the vehicle. Making sure that his girlfriend is out, he turns to me.

"Keep 'em busy, Tri. Kol is coming for you." he states, before jumping out of the van and running away. My eyes widen at the comment, as I realize something. That's not Tyler. There's only one person that calls me by that nickname, and he's supposed to be dead.

"Niklaus." I whisper out, while more police officers show up to take the two of us from the van. After retrieving my sister-in-law, one of the deputies shoots me with another wooden bullet. My vision blackens again, and I can see nothing. I'm sick of this!

~~~

I wake up to hear multiple people coughing around me. I try to sit up but fall right back down to the floor. Remembering my gunshot wounds, I groan and lean up against the wall. Glancing up at the ceiling, I notice vervain being ventilated through the room. Just great.

First, I got shot through the chest by wooden bullets. Then, I was in a car accident where I discovered that my brother-in-law is still alive. And finally, I'm stuck in a room that weakens me with each breath I take. I'm having a great day.

Hearing a familiar gasp, I look across from my cell and see Elena sitting up. What is she doing alive? 

"I thought I killed you." I state, before seeing a scared look appear on my twin's face. I cough from the fumes, while Elena looks around in confusion. 

"Where am I?" she questions, while I roll my eyes. Where does she think she is? A theme park? 

"They thought you were a vampire, so they stuck you in here with us." I mutter, before coughing once again. The bitch's breathing picks up, causing me to raise my eyebrows. What is going on with her?

"Where's Stefan?" Elena asks weakly, only to immediately receive a response. I wheeze again and attempt to figure out why my bitchy twin is here. 

"Elena, I'm right here. Are you ok?" the younger Salvatore faintly questions her, coughing heavily. I see Elena attempt to stand up, but fall right back down to her knees. 

"Stefan...I didn't feed." she softly mutters, while I raise my eyebrows at her. So I did kill her. This is getting interesting.

"Ah. I see what's going on here. You died with vampire blood in your system, and you didn't feed. Now you're locked up in here without a drop of human blood in sight. That is a problem." I taunt, ignoring Stefan's next comment. "Has anyone done the math, or shall I? I'd say you've got less than three hours to feed, before I get to watch you die all over again. My day just got a whole lot better."

Elena pulls on the bars in front of her, while I smirk on in satisfaction. She died once, and now she gets to die again. I don't care if I'm in pain from the vervain and wooden bullets. I get to watch Elena die again, and this time, it'll be permanent.