Chapter 20

Kailie's POV

By the time we get back to the mansion, I have chewed Nik a new one. He compelled one of my  friends to attack his girlfriend. He deserves everything coming to him. During my rant on the way home, Nik apologizes enough and promised to have one of his witches unlock the rest of my memories. Now that is a deal that I cannot pass up. 

The next morning, I speed over to the Lockwood's mansion and grab my car. Driving back over to Nik's mansion, I park my car and walk inside the house to see it completely empty. I can finally get some peace and quiet around here!

Speeding up to my room, I grab my belongings and spot a piece of paper lying on my dresser. Upon closer inspection, I discover that the witch's address is written on it. Nik must have left me that, before he went God knows where. After making sure I have everything I need, I quickly run down to my car and get in it to drive off to this witch.

It takes me a few hours, but I arrive in Roanoke to have my life 'magically changed forever' as Nik put it. I still don't buy that I'm his sister-in-law. It doesn't make sense.  Pulling into her driveway, I scope out the small, red house and see a woman sitting on the front porch. The witch appears to be in her late 20s-early 30s. If I'm being honest, I thought she would be an old hag. 

Climbing out of my car, I lock it and make my way over to the woman. As I walk up the front steps, she glances up at me and smiles.

"You must be Kailie. Klaus told me about you and your...situation." the witch greets, holding out her hand to shake. Narrowing my eyes, I slowly return the gesture. I'm getting a weird feeling from this woman. When I stay silent for a minute, she pops back up.

"Oh I'm sorry! I completely forgot to introduce myself. My name's Valerie...Valerie Claire."

~~~

After Valerie invited me into her home, she quickly began preparing for a ritual. Lighting a nearby candle with a flick of her wrist, the witch retrieves a dagger and some herbs, before kneeling down in front of a bowl and her grimoire. Gesturing for me to join her, I sit down in front of the woman and stare in confusion. 

Valerie throws the herbs into the bowl and holds the dagger out in front of me. I take the item and slice into my wrist, dropping my blood into the bowl. Feeling my wrist heal back up, I watch the witch begin the spell.

"Reinigen monde tavo veneno. Reinigen monde tavo veneno. Reinigen monde tavo veneno." she mumbles, while my vision becomes blurry. Well something is definitely happening. My vision goes completely dark, and I feel myself falling backwards.

Upon opening my eyes, I notice that I'm standing back in the small village where my first vision took place. All of the buildings seem much newer and less rundown. How far back did I go?

Out of the corner of my eye, I see two little girls running in a nearby field. I make my way over to them and investigate further. The girls look almost identical to each other, so I'm assuming that they're twins. I mean...it seems like a pretty good assumption. Another woman walks up to them with a wooden basket filled with fruit in her hands. 

"Tatia! Astrid! Come help me with dinner!" she instructs the children with a soft smile, before the girls run up to her. On their way over to the woman, one of the girls knocks the other one to the ground. Rude!

Before I can follow the three, the vision changes, and I see the familiar sight of the Mikaelson family standing outside of their house. Two women who look nearly identical to Elena and I walk past the group, and catch the eye of Nik and two of his brothers. I recognize one of them as the man in my dreams, who I now know as Kol, but the other is still unknown to me. 

One of the two girls hooks the Original Hybrid and the unknown brother in with her charms. Oh that's definitely Tatia. She's just like Elena. Such a manipulative little bitch. At least now I know it's not just my bitchy twin. 

So by process of elimination, that makes the other girl Astrid. My past self seems extremely sweet so far. At least she's not trying to win over two men at once. I can easily tell that Kol is entranced by her from how he's acting. I can just imagine hearts in his eyes from looking at her. 

However, it's not only the Mikaelson brother acting like this. Astrid is blushing madly from his gaze and lovingly smiling up at him. Their love almost makes me want to gag. I've never been a very romantic person ever. I've never dated, because every guy would be too scared to ask me out. But apparently, my past self was in love with the idea of romance. Great.

Before I know it, my vision changes again to a group of people in front of the forest. Walking closer to the scene, I notice Kol and Astrid standing at the entrance to the woods and intertwining their hands together. People around them have grins plastered on their faces at the sight of the couple, as the two kiss each other. Oh...this must be their wedding ceremony. It definitely looks a lot less complicated than a modern day one. Simple dress. Simple location. Simple ceremony. 

After the couple breaks apart, my vision changes again to nighttime in the forest. I see Kol standing over a body, draining it of all its blood. This must be soon after the Mikaelsons became vampires. As the Original vampire finishes up his meal, both of us hear the snap of a branch and glance over to see a terrified Astrid standing there. 

"Kol...what are...what are you..." she trails off, as her husband attempts to calm her down. Kol tries taking one step towards her, but Astrid takes a step back in defense. Of course his plan wasn't going to work. She wasn't aware of the existence of vampires until now. 

Astrid turns around to run away, but the Original speeds in front of her. She is startled and falls backwards, scraping her arm on a tree branch. Without her knowledge, a small amount of blood leaks from her wound, causing Kol's face to vamp out. Well...this wasn't going to end well for her. 

The Original grabs his wife and sinks his fangs into her neck, causing Astrid to scream out in pain. I wince from the scene, rubbing the side of my neck in pain. That is definitely something I do not want to remember.  

I watch as the life fades from Astrid's eyes, and her body becomes limp in her husband's arms. Kol eventually pulls away, and tears fill his eyes upon realizing what he did. He sobs over her body, clutching his wife's corpse in his arms. Well that's definitely overdramatic. After a few seconds of watching, my vision becomes blurry and fades out completely. 

Gasping for air, I jump up from my spot. It takes me a few minutes to get my breathing under control. Smirking in satisfaction at the situation, one thought crosses my mind. Astrid Mikaelson is back, bitches!

 Astrid Mikaelson is back, bitches!