Chapter 30

Kailie's POV

It is official. I have played Angry Birds for so long that my phone is dead. Damn it! Now all I have is torturing Elena. Honestly, it could be worse. Pocketing the device, I glance over at my bitchy twin to see her shaking in fear. 

Before I can do anything to her, I feel a sharp pain in my chest, making me fall to my knees. Kol. What has Niklaus done to him now? Out of the corner of my eye, I see Elena stand up and run out of this part of the cave, stumbling a few times along the way. You have got to be kidding me.

It takes me a few minutes, but I finally get the strength to stand. Once I feel the pain subside, I speed off after the bitch. It doesn't take me long to catch up to her. Lifting her up into the air by her throat, I throw Elena into a room containing one of Niklaus' coffins. Now I know she can't try to flee again. There's only one way in or out, and I'm blocking the exit. 

"Nowhere to run now. All I have to do is just wait it out. The second you step outside of the boundary, I'll kill you." I taunt with a smirk on my face. Elena looks smug and crosses her arms.

"You'll die when the spell is cast. Since you drank the champagne, you're a part of the ritual." she states, causing my smirk to grow. Her ego is about to be deflated...and then stomped on repeatedly. Sounds like fun.

"Only one problem with that plan. I didn't drink the tainted champagne. Esther doesn't have access to my magical blood now." I explain, while a frown replaces her smirk. Does she really think it's going to be that easy to kill me? "I was looking out for myself, Elena. I will always look out for myself and my husband. If you're smart, you'll do the same."

Checking my watch, I notice that it's 8:42 PM. The Salvatore brothers only have about twenty minutes to disrupt the ritual or I'll have to use my backup plan. Speaking of which. Turning around, I pick up the gallon of gas I snuck in here. Untwisting the cap, I see Elena desperately searching around the room to find another way out. 

"Elena! Let's pick it up where we left off." I exclaim, shoving the gallon forward and causing the gasoline to cover Elena's jacket. The bitch gasps in shock, staring up at me with a scared look on her face.

"What are you doing?" she questions me, while her voice cracks slightly. This causes me to smirk and shrug slightly. 

"Thought I'd shake things up a bit." I describe to her, tossing more gas across the room. A smile becomes plastered across my face, while I happily throw the now empty canister at Elena's head. She quickly ducks, causing to container to hit the wall behind her. Guess I need to work on my target practice. 

"Are you insane?" she exclaims, before I shrug again. Technically, I'm a highly-functioning sociopath, but insane works as a description.  

"I prefer spontaneous, but yes." I correct, as I pull out a stack of matches from my pocket. Lighting one, I turn back to the bitch. "Here's what gonna happen."

I throw two matches in the areas around her with gasoline and light them on fire. My twin jumps away from them, before I continue with my explanation.

"You're gonna come outside...or you're gonna stay in there and burn." 

~~~

Eventually, the small fires burn out, causing Elena takes a deep breath in. Rolling my eyes, I pull out another match from the box.

"The next match is landing on you." I state, checking my watch to see how much longer I can torture my bitchy twin. Can't these twenty minutes go by faster? "So, Elena, how does it feel to know that these may be your last moments?"

"I don't know. You tell me. You're the one whose mother-in-law is trying to kill you." she smugly responds, crossing her arms over her chest.  

A glare settles onto my face, and I feel my anger rising. If she says another thing to piss me off, I'm not going to care about that stupid countdown anymore. I'm burning the bitch to the ground.

"You should be very careful what you say to me." I grit out, before starting another match. "Because those words could be your last. Just say the word."

A few seconds of silence pass, while I try to keep my tears back. If I lose Kol to this bitch, all hell is going to break loose. Elena eventually speaks up, causing my grip on the match to tighten.

"You're not gonna do it."

"And why is that?" I question, trying to remain calm. If I don't get my anger under control soon, who knows what's going to happen. 

"Because there's still a chance that the Mikaelsons might be alive tomorrow, and if that's the case and you kill me now, you'll have used up all of your revenge, wasted it. And isn't that what you want? Revenge? Because I-I manipulated everyone around us growing up. Because the only people that truly carried about you were Caroline, Bonnie, and Tyler.  And now you've lost Bonnie. How does that feel, Kailie?" she taunts, while I keep my attention on the match.

I drop the match and use my boot to stop the flame. Elena sighs in relief, while I glare down at her.

"That doesn't change anything. Whether or not I don't burn you to death, I will still kill you. And now, I'm not the only one who wants to. You'll soon see that you're not the innocent little victim you make yourself out to be. I will take away everyone who loves you, until you realize how lonely you truly are. Then, and only then, will I kill you. "

~~~ 

Eventually, I step away from Elena to sit down. Keeping the entrance to her room in the corner of my eye, I glance down at my watch to check the time. If I feel another sharp pain in my chest in the next few minutes, I will kill my twin. I'm way past the point of caring. 

I hear someone speed up behind me and turn around to see Kol standing there. Oh thank god! Without warning, my husband speeds the two of us out of the cavern and back to the mansion. At least now I can get some food and charge my phone. 

Once we arrive outside of the home, Kol quickly leads me inside and up to our room. He proceeds to grab bags and frantically fill them up. Oh boy. Gripping onto his arm, I pull him to face me. 

"Everything is going to be fine." I reassure my husband, who continues to look scared. It is understand, since his mother and eldest brother just tried to murder him. 

"I just got you back, Astrid. I cannot live without you again. I would rather die." Kol admits, clutching onto my hands like his life depends on it. Smiling up at him, I connect our lips together for a few seconds. As I pull away, I look up into my husband's eyes.

"I'm still here, and I'm not going anywhere. You're stuck with me." I state, causing him to lightly chuckle. Our hands disconnect, and I place mine on his chest. "Now let's get packed. The faster we get out of this town, the better."

I step away from my husband, before the two of us pack our belongings. While Kol packs up the clothing I bought him, I use his phone to send a quick text to Caroline.

'Hey, Care. Kol and I are leaving town for a bit. If you need us, just call me.'

Placing his phone down on the bed, I help my husband pack up the rest of our stuff. It doesn't take the two of us long to finish and carry everything down to my car. After throwing our stuff into the trunk, we climb inside of the vehicle and drive off. Goodbye Mystic Falls. Hello rest of the world.

 Hello rest of the world