Chapter 24

Kailie's POV

Niklaus begins backing up to the other exit, when someone speeds up and grabs one of the daggers from the tray. Looking closer, I notice that the unknown vampire is Finn. How long has he been daggered? He looks almost the same as he was a thousand years ago.

"Finn, don't." the Original Hybrid pleads with his eldest brother, who subsequently stabs the dagger through the hybrid's hand. I wince at the torture but smirk at seeing a familiar sight at the other entrance. There's no way that Niklaus is escaping this now.

Finn retracts the blade, causing the Original Hybrid to try fleeing out the back entrance to the room. Stopping in his tracks, Niklaus sees Rebekah standing there with the last dagger. My sister-in-law stabs her brother in the gut with the weapon, holding it in place and twisting it around. The Original Hybrid groans in pain, and she smirks down at him.

"This is for our mother!" she exclaims, before pulling the blade out and letting Niklaus fall back into Kol's arms. My husband restrains the Original Hybrid by his arms, preventing him from attempting to flee.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spot Damon and Stefan standing there in shock. Idiots. Can't they realize this is a private matter? Oh wait. I forgot. They only have one brain cell between both of them. Keeping my eyes on the scene, I begin a conversation with the Salvatores.

"You're free to go. This is family business." I instruct them, before the two nod and leave our mansion. At hearing me speak, Rebekah, Finn, and Kol turn to glance at me. While she grins at me, the men are in shock. In their defense, I have been dead for centuries. My husband slowly makes his way over to me, still believing that I'm not actually here.

"Astrid?"

"Hello, Kol."

Before I have a chance to say anything else, he speeds us out of the room and presses me up against a nearby wall. Without warning, he places his lips on mine, causing me to gasp in shock. I quickly reciprocate back and entangle my hands in his hair. We continue making out for a few more minutes, until I hear a crash come from inside the parlor. Damn. Knowing that we needed to go back to our family, I pull away from the kiss.

"As much as I want to continue this, we need to get back to your siblings." I tell him, earning a nod in response. Kol intertwines our hands together, and we reenter the parlor. As we walk into the room, I see Rebekah throwing a glass vase against a framed painting. Well she's definitely pissed.

"I wanted it to be for all of us. A place we could all call home; A place we could all be a family. None of us would ever have to be alone again." Niklaus mutters out, causing me to roll my eyes. If he wanted all of us to be a family again, why did he keep his siblings daggered for so long? It took Elijah undaggering them for everyone to be together again.

"Oh, you're right. None of us will be." Elijah explains to him, walking towards the door. Rebekah, Kol, and I follow after him, while my husband pulls me closer to him.

"You're staying behind." Finn states, coming over to join the rest of us. The Original Hybrid stands up from his spot and turns to look over at us with a hurt expression on his face. Well what did he expect? I really hope he didn't think that all of them were going to instantly forgive him.

"We're leaving you, Nik. Right after I kill that doppelganger wench. And you will be alone. Always and Forever." Rebekah tells him, before glancing over at me. "No offense."

Using my free hand, I wave her off. I really don't care whether Elena lives or dies anymore. I may have cared when I was little but not now.

"None taken. You can dismember that bitch for all I care." I state and look over at Niklaus to see him glaring at me. What? He knows I hate her.

"Why are you supporting them? I thought you were on my side!" the hybrid exclaims, as I feel Kol's grip on my hand tighten. I use my fingers to rub the back of his hand in an attempt to calm him down. It works slightly, so I turn back to Niklaus with an glare. Letting go of Kol's hand, I get in my brother-in-law's face to confront him.

"I was on your side, Nik. I even helped you with your stupid hybrids, but I'm done. I've hit a limit with you and your stupidity. I just can't take anymore!" I exclaim and turn back around to my husband. Before I can take a step towards Kol, however, the idiot mutters something he shouldn't.

"I never should have let you get your memories back."

Before any of the other Mikaelson siblings can take a step forward, I grab Nik's left forearm and bend it backwards. Just like I did in Chicago, I throw him across the room and calmly walk away. Serves him right for being a jackass.

Rebekah laughs at the sight, most likely having deja vu from a few weeks ago. Elijah, Finn, and Kol have mixtures of pride and amusement plastered on their faces. As I walk up next to him, my husband grabs my hand once again and pulls me closer to him. Nik quickly rebounds from my attack and focuses the conversation back on our departure.

"If you run, I will hunt all of you down." he grits out, as I roll my eyes at the moron. Can he get anymore arrogant?

"And then you'll become everything you hate. Our father." Elijah states in a challenging manner to his younger brother. It wouldn't surprise me if Niklaus starts acting like his step-father.

"I'm the Hybrid! I can't be killed!" Nik exclaims, while the glare on my face hardens. "I have nothing to fear from any of you!"

I really want to go attack him again, but now I can't. Kol must have sensed that I'm getting more angry towards his stupid brother, so he tightens his grip on me. Damn husband!

"You will when we have that coffin." I harshly mutter, seeing Niklaus' eyes fill with tears. Whatever's in that container must be extremely important to him. I've never seen him cry this much.

All of a sudden, the front door opens, and a familiar woman walks into the mansion. How in the hell is she still alive? Rebekah is the first person to react with tears flooding her eyes.

"Mother?" she questions Esther, who gives us all sympathetic looks. The witch doesn't say anything and continues to walk down to Niklaus. Once she makes it to him, she stops directly in front of him. Tears are streaming down my brother-in-law's face from the sight of her, and I can't say that I blame him. He avoids eye contact with his mother, still trying to comprehend her being here.

"Look at me." Esther commands, before the hybrid finally glances up. "Do you know why I'm here?" After a few shaky breaths, Niklaus responds in a defeated tone.

"You're here to kill me." he mutters, while I raise my eyebrows in confusion. If she was going to kill the Original Hybrid, wouldn't she have already done it? She could have easily killed him, when she walked through the door.

"Niklaus, you are my son, and I am here to forgive you." she explains, before turning to the five of us. "I want us to be a family again."

Well that was unexpected.