Chapter 8

Kailie's POV

It takes about fifteen hours to arrive in Chicago. It could have taken less time if I didn't have to stop for gas, but I digress. It doesn't take me long to find the bar and park next to it. I walk inside to find the building almost empty. Almost.

On the other end of the bar, I spot a group of four people huddled together. As I move closer, I realize Gloria is being interrogated by three vampires. This should be fun.

"Yes, a dead girl with dead friends, if I don't get my necklace back!" the woman exclaims, waving her hands around like a drama queen. I roll my eyes at her and continue listening into their conversation.

"Well I'll have to dive back in for the details." Gloria calmly explains, as one of the two men gets in her face. Now he's asking for it.

"So dive!" he commands, waving his hands dramatically like the woman. I'm starting to see a resemblance between the two. Gloria rolls her eyes at the group and leans against the wall.

"I need more time...and space. You're harshing my ju-ju." she instructs, waving the group off.

They don't seem to get the hint, and the man from before continues pestering the witch. Speaking from personal experience, it is not good to piss Gloria off. She can be scary when she's angry.

"We can wait." He smugly states, crossing his arms. What a dickhead.

Before Gloria has a chance to respond, I butt into the conversation.

"I'm sure you can, but that's not what she asked. Besides, I think we both could use some peace and quiet after the bullshit coming out of your mouth." I state, crossing my arms and leaning up against a table.

The four of them finally acknowledge my presence, and I'm surprised it took them this long. They must have been too focused on their problem to hear anything. Everyone's reactions are mixed. Gloria seems happy to see me, while the vampires are confused.

Without warning, I'm sped over to and pressed up against a nearby wall by the man from before. He's choking me against the wall, but it's not that painful. I can easily break away from him whenever I want to.

"Who are you?" he interrogates, while I act like I'm in pain. If he thinks he's getting an answer out of me, his brain must be the size of a peanut. And that's putting down peanuts.

Before he can say anything else, I flip us so that he's being choked on the wall. I press down harder on his neck, causing him to groan slightly. Out of the corner of my eye, I spot Gloria chuckling at the sight.

"That's enough." she states, making me drop the vampire. He falls to his knees and glares up at me. I go behind the bar and pour me a glass of Jack Daniels, causing Gloria to sigh. "Meet my daughter, Kailie. And Kai, please don't drink all of the whiskey. We don't get another shipment until Friday."

No promises. With the way my week has been going, I'm surprised I haven't drank all of the alcohol here yet. Before another word could be uttered, the third vampire pops into the conversation.

"Hey, you know. Why don't we just come back later? I'm hungry anyway." he suggests, while the other man rejoins his friends. "I'll let you pick who we eat."

The other vampires seem to agree, and the woman turns in her seat to face me. I have a bad feeling about this.

"Would you like to come? I would really like to know more about the woman who kicked my brother's arse." She offers, while her brother rolls his eyes.

As much as I don't want to loose control, I need something (besides alcohol) to relax me in this city. Blood is the only other thing I can think of.

I nod in response, causing the woman to clap her hands together excitingly. What did I just get myself into?

~~~

I really need to think through some of my life choices more. For instance, going to Chicago probably wasn't my smartest choice. I wasn't in the city one hour without finding a sassier version of Caroline. I didn't even think that was possible before today.

As I have learned, Rebekah is not one to mess with. She almost sent the dickhead Nik threw the wall a few times. I understand that. If he tries going after me again, I'll throw him out the window. I just want to relax and drink some blood. No more unneeded stress. I thought that I left that back in Mystic Falls.

"My girl's dead." Rebekah complains, letting her girl's body drop to the floor. "I'm bored."

Thankfully, I manage to drone out the rest of the group's conversation, while I continue draining my girl. Right before I feel her heart stop, I retract my fangs from her neck and grip onto her shoulders. There's no need for another death here. Biting into my wrist, I hold it up to the girl's mouth and have her drink my blood. I instantly see her neck wound heal up, so I turn her around to face me. I quickly compel her, and she leaves the room without incident.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spot Nik staring at me, obviously trying to figure me out. Wiping the excess blood from my lips, I roll my eyes and clear my throat.

"What?" I ask the moron, becoming annoyed at the smirk on his face. He throws his hands up jokingly and sits up in his seat.

"I'm just curious to know more about the woman who choked me against the wall." Nik explains, making me roll my eyes. How dumb is he? I honestly don't know how Rebekah lives with this man.

"Are you really that dumb or just naturally blonde?" I question back, earning laughter from Rebekah and the other vampire. Nik rolls his eyes at my comment and moves closer, standing right in front of me.

"Have you ever heard of an Original, sweetheart?" he menacingly inquires, causing me to laugh hysterically. The three vampires share a confused look, before I stand up to face Nik.

"Let me explain." I calmly state, gripping the vampire's forearm tightly. Without warning, I break the bones in his arm and throw him across the room. Rebekah bursts into laughter, causing the other vampire to join in. They seem like they're having fun. Nik on the other hand...not so much.

When he tries to go after me again, the other vampire blocks him from me and calms him down. Then, the man leaves the room, while I move to follow him out the door. I've already had my blood fix for the day, so there's no other reason for me to be here.

"Well if you guys need me, you know where to find me." I exclaim, leaving the warehouse to return to the bar. Now it's time for some R&R. Rum and Relaxation.