Chapter 11

Kailie's POV

I spend most of the day drinking as much whiskey as I can. Thankfully, my metabolism is burning through the alcohol quickly, so I don't feel any buzz.

Right as I finish another glass, I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. Who's interrupting my precious daydrinking?

"Hello?" I grit out, refilling my glass. While I wait for the person to reply, I sip on my whiskey to calm myself down.

"Kai, where are you? We're already at the high school." Caroline whines through the phone. Rolling my eyes, I look at a nearby wall clock to see that it is currently 7:35. Whoops! I'm five minutes late. The world's going to end.

"I'll be right there." I respond, hanging up the call and placing the device back into my pocket. I chug down the rest of my drink and slam the glass down onto the counter. Grabbing my leather jacket, I throw it on and walk out to my car.

It doesn't take me long to drive over to the high school and quickly pull into one of the available parking spots. Almost immediately, Caroline storms over to me with Bonnie and Tyler following behind her.

"And where have you been?" she interrogates me, as I lock eyes with Tyler. He knows exactly where I've been since this morning, but apparently he hasn't told his girlfriend yet. It must be too horrible for him to tell her.

"I decided to drive around town to clear my head. Is there a problem?" I snarkily reply, locking my car and heading into the school.

I see Elena at the end of the hall with some other students, so I head into the nearby gym to get away from her. She's Nik's problem to deal with now.

On the right side of the gymnasium, I spot a table with plastic cups and gallon containers of water. Well that's not going to be too difficult. As I walk up to grab some materials, a chirping teenager named Dana tries bossing me around, but I ignore her and head for the opposite corner of the room.

After a while, more teens flood the gym to help, keeping Dana's attention off of me. Thank god. If she kept trying to talk to me, I was going to rip her throat out. Once I'm out of cups, I walk over to the table to grab some more, when a resounding voice echoes throughout the gym. 

"Attention, Seniors! You have officially been busted. Prank Night is over! Head on home!"

Right on schedule! I turn around and see Nik dragging Elena by her arm. All of the teens around me groan and proceed to exit the gym. As I walk over to the two, I notice Nik stop Dana and another teen to talk to them. Dana fearfully lifts her foot up, while the hybrid turns to the other teen. 

"If she drops her foot, Chad, I want you to beat her to death. Understood?" Nik questions the compelled teenager, who nods in response. Before my annoying twin could plead with him, I walk up to Nik.

"I see that you took my advice, Nik." I greet him, giving the vampire a slight smirk.

He gives me a genuine smile, while Elena looks betrayed. If she was expecting me to not find out about the supernatural, she has another thing coming. Wait until she finds out that I'm a vampire. It will blow her tiny little brain.

"Kailie Gilbert, it's nice to see you. Thank you again, love. Your information truly helped me with my little problem." Nik tells me, as I shrug it off. Glancing over at my sister, I see tears fill her eyes, and a heartbroken expression flooding her face. 

"How could you? We grew up together, Kailie. I thought you were my sister!" Elena exclaims, as I roll my eyes. You have got to be kidding me! Does she having fucking amnesia of the past 18 years?

Feeling my face vamp out, I storm over to Elena, grab ahold of her neck, and speed her over to the nearest wall. Desperately attempting to get me to release my grip on her, Elena gives me a look of fear. 

"You stopped being my sister the second you shunned me. Tyler, Caroline, and Bonnie treated me more like family than you, Jeremy, Mom, and Dad ever did. I should just kill you right now." I calmly explain, pressing down harder on her neck. 

Before I could finish her off, I'm pulled away by Nik and knocked to the ground. As I send him a glare, the Original chuckles and comments on his actions.

"Sorry, love, but I need Elena alive for hybrid purposes. But trust me, you're not the only one who wants her dead at the moment," he explains, pulling me up to my feet, "Let's go check on our little game over there. Dana must be getting awfully tired."

Nik and I saunter over there, while Elena cautiously follows behind. Dana whimpers and sways back and forth a little, while I cross my arms and smirk at her situation. That whiny little brat deserves everything coming to her.

"Keep it up." Nik reminds the girl, as my idiotic twin steps forward. Rolling my eyes at Elena, I speed over to the bleachers and take a seat. 

After a few seconds, Bonnie and Matt enter the gym, and I hear Elena yell for them to get out of there. I see Nik speed over to the witch and have a short conversation with her. Zoning out for a minute, I glance down at my nails.

Out of nowhere, I see the door open one more time, and Rebekah and Tyler enter the gym. Yay. More people. I speed down to the group, making Bonnie and Matt gasp from shock. Oh yeah...I forgot to tell them I'm a vampire. Whoops!

"I'd like you all to meet my sister Rebekah," Nik explains, while Rebekah gives everyone a psychotic look, "Word of warning: she can be quite mean."

"Don't be an ass!" Rebekah states, pushing my friend into her brother's arms. She comes over to give me a hug, as Nik drags Tyler to the middle of the room. Interesting.

"I'm going to make this very simple. Every time I attempt to turn a Werewolf into a Vampire Hybrid, they die during the transition. It's quite horrible, actually," Nik details, before biting his wrist and forcing Tyler to drink his blood. I curiously raise my eyebrows at the hybrid's actions. Does he really think this will work?

"I need you to find a way to save my hybrids, Bonnie. And for Tyler's sake...you better hurry." Nik states, right before he snaps my friend's neck.

Elena gasps at the sudden death, while my gaze hardened towards the vampire. Before anyone can react, I speed over to Nik to punch him in the face. 

"Why in the bloody hell did you do that?" Nik questions me, rubbing his cheek. Crossing my arms, I smirk up at him, while Rebekah softly chuckles in the background. 

"A couple reasons, Nik. A.) your ego needed to be taken down a few notches, And B.) I'm bored."