Talk With Me

YAMAZAKI KENTO'S POV

I've just finished the plot reading. I was late, I have no chance to meet Catherine before, so I was just join them right away. So I want to talk with her now. But she is leaving, so I chase her, she is with someone, her manager maybe?

"Catherine!" I shout her name. She doesn't turn around. "Catherine!"
She stops and turns around. For a second, I was thinking that I will see her smiling face or happy face, instead, she gives me cold and expressionless stare.

"Yamazaki Kento," her eyes staring at me like she will kill me soon. Her manager or whoever-is-he is just standing there, no expression also.

"Catherine," I stop. "It's been a while," I smile towards her.

"What do you want?" She is cold.

"I.. I just want to talk, are you in rush?" I ask her. And she turn around and start walking without answering me.

"Wait, Cath!" I chase her, grab her hand. She looks at me with anger.

"What do you want, Kento?"

"You still hate me," I still hold her hand.

"No, I just don't want to talk with you," she pulls her hand and start walking again. Then after a few steps she stop. "I'm not in rush, but I just don't have time for you". Then she walks again, leaving me.

I am sorry Catherine, but you have to talk with me.

I chase her, stop in front of her. "Please, just a while".

"Tsk, what do you want?"

"I.. I am apologizing for everything," I look into her eyes, her expression changes, maybe she remember that day.

"Anything else?"

"I.. I want to talk privately, for a longer time, can you?"

"No," she is very cold.
I remain silent as I don't know what to say anymore. Then she leave me again.

"Cath, a dinner, please? I need to talk with you".

She stops. There is a silent, before she speaks up, "Ramen Restaurant near the Stardust office, tommorow, 7pm," she stops a while. "And I am not coming alone, Kurosaka follows me everywhere, and note that if you late more than 10 minutes, I will leave," she says it without facing me then she leaves.

Cath, I want to see your smile.

***********************************************

I come early, 6.30pm showing on my phone. I bring my journals with me. I also bring my tickets pouch, my mask, and glasses that I always wear when I attend her events. I am planning to reveal myself, saying that I am her fans and.. everything.

It is 6.45pm when someone calls my name. "Yamazaki-san," I look at the source of the voice.

The man named Kurosaka that was with Catherine yesterday. Catherine is here already? So she was planning to come early..

"Sorry for bothering you, I just want to inform you that Catherine is at the toilet, she will show up in a while," he smiles.

"Ah, right, thankyou," I smile back.

Who is this man? He calls Catherine with her first name, boyfriend? No, boyfriend won't follow you everywhere right?
Body guard? Yah.. who knows.

After a while Catherine shows up, with her casual outfit. Maroon mini skirt with a black top plus her black leather jacket that suits her so much. Also her black heels and high stocking that makes her figure at its best.

"Kurosaka, get in," she tells that man to sit, then she sits beside him.

Who is this Kurosaka?

"What do you want to talk about?" Her voice and expression is warmer than yesterday, at least.

"Shouldn't we eat first? I meant.. this will be a little bit long".

"Okay then," she picks the menu book. "Kurosaka, what do you want for your dinner?" Her voice is very different, she says it with a cute voice, shows her intimate with him.

Hey, I am jealous.

I pick my own menu book, and decide to order Shoyu Ramen* and a cold ocha*, I also order a portion of Salmon and Toro nigiri*. Catherine and that Kurosaka also place their order. Both of them order a Spicy Ramen with cold ocha also and a portion of sashimi.

Then there is an awkward silent between us. So I decide to open up the convrsation.

"Cath," she looks up at me. "How's life?"

"So-so, anyway I want to tell you that the shooting procession will be late for two days," she says with a warmer voice.

Concert in Tokyo Dome and fan meeting the next day, you don't need to tell me, Cath. I won't shoot my own part either, I attend both of it.

"Concert, right?"

"Yes, sorry in advance, you can shoot your solo part, tho".

"I am not gonna do a shoot either".

"Why? Want a holiday between your bussiness?"

"You will find out later, after the dinner, anyway, it's on me".

"Better not for a fool reason, and thankyou anyway," she smiles a little bit.

How can a tiny smile can be so beautiful?

Not long after that the dinner is ready, three of us eat in silent. Sometimes they are talking to each other, a few times to me, I finish my ramen first, then go to the toilet.

I prepare my word, everything that I want to tell her. My heartbeat is racing to each other. I am nervous, scared that she will hates me even more.

I take a deep breath. You are a man Kento, you can do it.

What do you think about this chapter? 😂😂
Will Catherine hate Kento after she know everything?

Please wait for the next chapter!

*shoyu ramen = typically has a clear brown broth, based on a chicken and vegetable (or sometimes fish or beef) stock with plenty of soy sauce added resulting in a soup that is tangy, salty, and savory yet still fairly light on the palate. Shōyu ramen usually has curly noodles rather than straight ones, but this is not always the case. It is often adorned with marinated bamboo shoots or menma, green onions, kamaboko (fish cakes), nori (seaweed), boiled eggs, bean sprouts and/or black pepper; occasionally the soup will also contain chili oil or Chinese spices, and some shops serve sliced beef instead of the usual chāshū.

*ocha = Japanese green tea

*Toro = Tuna belly fat

*nigiri = sliced raw fish with a molded ball of vinegared rice underneath

*sashimi = thinly sliced raw meat, sually fish, such as salmon or tuna, that is served without rice.