Old Friend

CATHERINE AKIYAMA'S POV

"Cath," Yamazaki Kento shows up in my home, like usual, he would come here several times a week, I actually love that he is here. The last time I met him.. he was quiet. Even at the party with my fellow YGEX and other artists to celebrate my debut anniversary. So I'm worried so much. "Sorry to pop out without telling you," he scratch his neck.

"No.. no, it is okay, you think how many times you popped out here without telling me?" I curl my arms to his neck. I look at his eyes, it is a sad eyes, I know it. It is a sad eyes and he doesn't try to hide it. "Come in, here, here," I pull his hand.

He doesn't want to get it, "I'm okay here, I won't be long".

"Hmm? What is it Kento? You are weird lately," I rub his face, causing him forming a such sad smile.

"I'm okay," he grab my hand. "I just want to ask you for a day out, this Saturday, do you have some time?"

"Of course I do!" I'm glad he ask me out. That means he is well enough to have a date with a woman.

"Right.. thankyou," he smiles sadly again. "May I hug you?"

"Do you need to ask?" I cling into him. Hoping that I can absorb all of his sadness. I rub his back, "If something is bothering you, you can always tell me, Kento".

"No, I'm okay," he release the hug. "I think I will go home right now".

"Why? Don't you want to stay?"

He shakes his head, giving me a no. I know something is wrong with him. I will figure it out.

He gives me a wave then leave me. It is weird. He always stays, stays untill midnight, talking to me. What's with him actually..

YAMAZAKI KENTO'S POV (The next Saturday)

"Hey," she meet me at the caffe that she picked. She wears a pair black jeans with sneakers and casual armless top with a balck outer that she open. "I'm sorry I'm late," she says then sits next to me.

"It is okay, Cath," I closened our body as we sit in the sofa and she seems okay with it, instead she lean her head in my shoulder. I stroke her hair, "So, what's so special about this caffe?"

"I love the band, its coffee is worth to try though," she looks at me with a smile in her face.

I miss you Cath. I've been a little bit making a gap because.. because it is still hurt for me, I'm sorry. I wish I can be with you like usual without feeling these aches.

"I'm sorry for being weird lately, I'm okay," I try to convice her.

Seems failed because she narrows her eyes, "You are not okay, and why the heck don't you tell me?"

"I.. I can't, Cath, I'm sorry, not this time," I lean my head one hers, trying to erase the ache that crawling into my body as I remember the words she said. She is the only medicine I have.

"What's so personal that you can't tell me?" She probably gets annoyed as I usually tell her everything, even something that people will laugh about.

"No, Cath, I'm sorry".

We remain silent, drinking our coffee, our meal. Keep leaning into each other, without talking. She oftenly look at me with worry in her eyes, I can only give her smile.

I love it, I love the silence. It can heal me a little bit.

After a while, she suddenly stands up, "Is that.. Is that Tzukaza?"

"Tzukaza, who?"

"My.. my highschool friend, he used to be my drummer, wait!" She runs somewhere I don't know.