Chapter 20

I'm honestly fangirling at the moment! I can't bielive people take time out of their lives to read this book! I would like to thank every single one of you this would not have been possible without you! I love you all! Picture of Miranda

____________________________________________________________

It wasn't Dylan's piercing scream that broke my heart. It was my moms. 

I quickly ran down the stairs. My mom was curled in a ball crying. 

My mother wasn't a very weak person. 5 years after I was born her mate, my dad died in a plane crash. She knew it before the police came knocking on our door with the bad news. She cried that day. She cried for the whole month actually. I had to do everything on my own.

I dealt with going to school, loosing my dad and not having any food or money for a month while my mom got herself back together. She never once gave up on me. I ran over and hugged her. "Mom what happened?" She looked at me with tears in her eyes. "I killed myself" Thats when I noticed her holding her hand over her stomach. 

I then saw the blood. I froze and paled. "Mom? Why?" I said my heart breaking  more and more. "I thought I lost you. I couldn't lose you and your dad sweetie. It was too much" I go back to when this all started. I did ignore my mom allot and just picked up and left. I can't imagine what she thought. "I'm so sorry mom." I say squeezing her not wanting to let her go. 

"Don't leave me mom" She placed a brave smile on her face. "I'm always in here" She said moving her free hand to my heart. "We can save you mom! You aren't going to die!" I almost shout for the doctor when she stops me. "I can finally be with your dad honey. Let me go" I cried, no scratch that I sobbed. I sobbed into my moms chest and she just ran her fingers through my hair. 

"Shh, Avalon it's time for me to go. I love you" I sobbed. "I love you too mom. I will always love you" She smiled, Shut her eyes and then I felt her pulse stop. She was dead. The whole pack stood around me. I collapsed on the ground crying. Dylan wasn't worth my tears but my mother was. She deserved all of my tears. I took her for granted and now she's gone. 

Some guy comes and carries her away. I know I needed to be strong for everyone but I'm sure if there mom just died they would breakdown too. "What happened?" Dylan said running to me. "Go away!" I yelled and ran out of the house slamming the door. I couldn't deal with my mom killing herself and a mate who thinks he can control me after all the pain he's caused me. 

I run non-stop. I want to feel numb. I don't want to feel anything. I heard the waterfall before I saw it. As I got closer I could finally see it. It was beautiful. I stop running and look down at the place below. About 30ft below was a crystal clear lake. The waterfall poured directly into it. It was breathtaking. I walked alon the edge till water droplets hit my skin. 

I got closer and saw a network of cave systems behind the water. I slowly walked closer to the back of the water fall until I saw a bridge of rock that went from one side to the other. I walked on it and looked at the world through the water fall. I smiled. I looked away and continued on the path. 

I soon got to the first cave. I went inside and was surprised by the amount of light in the cave. I walked close to the walls. I was thinking of my life as a book. 

As I wandered the mysterious caves tracing my hand against the walls I found nothing that surprised me accept the lights. I wandered deeper into the cave until my fingers traced something that didn't feel like the rock. As I examined in closer I saw it was writing.

My mind was to distracted about the writing on the walls to keep narrating the imaginary book inside my head. I studied the writing more carefully it was nothing I was familiar with. Just a bunch of scratches and marks in the wall. It didn't stop me form trying to figure it out though. It looked oddly like the words in Marie's book, which I need to yell at her for because obviously it didn't work on Dylan.