Chapter 26

I woke up with Dylan missing from the bed. I pushed myself up and stretched my arms. "Shit" I heard from downstairs and laughed. I slowly got up and made my way to the kitchen "Dylan what are you doing?" I said looking at the knives and fruit skins all over the floor. "Making breakfast?" He said, making it seem more like a question. I bend down and pick up a knife. "Sure" I start picking up everything and either throwing or putting it away. Eventually Dylan joins in and we finish in no time. I open the fridge and pull out rasberry's, blueberry's, blackberry's and Kiwi's. I wash and throw the berries in a bowl and kut the kiwi into slices. I mix it all up and then grab two forks. 

"Breakfast is served" I say with a smile holding the bowl and a fork out to him. "It was that simple?" "Yea it was" I say taking a bite out of it. When we finish we start heading back to the house. My mind wanders to Dan and his mate. Poor Joe. "Hey Dylan where does Joe live?" "The blue house to the right of the pack house" I nod then run towards were he described. "Allons-y!" I said sprinting to the house. As I broke out of the woods I saw Dan holding onto Joe's hand, ready to support and protect him. 

They entered the house and I snuck up to one of the windows, feeling like a badass spy. Through the window I saw both of them enter seperatly no longer holding hands. "Boo" I shrieked and fell back, seeing Dylan smirking above me. "I got you!" I grunted and sat up. "If you oculdn't see I was clearly trying to spy on Joe and Dan so shush" He rolled his eyes at me. "A weirdo and a Stalker doesn't the moon godess love me?" "No not really I actually think she hates you, and me. That's why she stuck us together" He smiled and pulled me close to him. I quickly got out of his embrace and looked at him as if he was trash. "Excuse me I am a badass spy and you my friend are killing my vibe" Dylan just shook his head and I turned my attention back to the window. 

Joe was talking to his mom who had cookies out, which Dan was eagerly eating. I pressed my ear against the window to hear there words better. "Mom, uhh, I don't know how to, uhh, say this..." Joe said the next words so quietly I had to strain to hear it "I'm gay" I watched his mom closely. Her shoulders tensed up, she sat up straighter and crossed her legs. "You must be mistaken, you can't be gay because you can't have pups with a guy" Dan had stopped eating and was trying to keep a straight face. I could tell from his eyes, even though this was troubling to his mate he found this amusing. 

The conversation went on for a little while until I saw Dan say something to his mom. "It is possible Miss" As if to prove his point he cupped Joe's face in his hands and kissed him. Joe automaticly melted into the kiss and kissed back. I turned my atteniton to Joe's mom. "Out! Out! Your no son of mine! Get out! You just wait till I tell your father young man! Out!" She turned to glare at Dan "This is your fault! Planting things in his mind so he thinks he's gay!" Dan growled at her. "He's my mate" THe mother just shook her head muttering it was impossible, and not her son, not Joey.

Dan held Jow close to him as Joe cried. Muttering things into his hair. They both walked out of the house and I turned to Dylan. Tears in my eyes. "That was so sad" I hung onto Dylan crying, why couldn't she just accept her son was gay? Was that so bad? Was it such a bad thing his mate was a guy that you tell him to leave? "It's okay cupcake, Joe has his mate, he'll be alright" We walked in silence back to the pack house, the tears still falling silently down my face. I hated Joe's mother. If he was more worried about his father, I dont even want to meet the guy. I walked in and saw Dan sitting by the kichen counter, his head in his hands. 

"Dan I'm so sorry" I said, pulling away from Dylan and going over to him. "It'll be okay" Dan just shoved me away, which was very un-danlike. "Just go away Avalon" I stared shocked. "Look I know it didn't go well..." He cut me off. "He told me he hates me and I need to leave him alone." I looked at Dan's hurt and broken face. "Why?" He did a sad laugh. "His mom, she says I brainwashed him. I tried to comfort him he just pushed me away saying his parents would still love him and it's my fault he feels this way" I just brought him into a hug. "He'll be back, he can't stay away" He cried into my shoulder. "You did, you only went back so he wouldn't mark another girl" I rubbed his back trying to quiet the sobs. "I went back because I loved him and couldn't bear thinking he would choose another girl over me, Joe will be back"