Chapter 2: Gnomes

Dipper POV

We enter the study after our fun trip...our clothes were now ruined with mood and parts of the forest was still attached to our clothing and hair.

"I could take care of myself!" Mabel growled at me.

"Shut up! You got yourself taken by gnomes and I had to come and save you! Just like always" I hiss as I fix my hair that the gnomes messed up. My perfect hair...ruined....

Mabel slump into the chair, picking at the pine needles out of her hair, "It isn't my fault that they wanted me to be their queen. I can't help that I'm perfectly beautiful."

I scoffed, "Whatever."

Mabel glares at me, "What? You don't think I'm pretty?"

I rolled my eyes, "Of course, why do you think they kidnapped you?"

Mabel sigh as she leans in the seat, folding her arms, "I guess I have to say...blah...t-thank...y-y-y...."

I laugh softly. It was actually funny to watch her suffer to say thank you...especially to me. Mabel groan, "Thank you! There! I said it. Happy?" I smiled, "Yep." I then tighten my necktie, "Now, what are we going to do about the gnomes?"

"Why would we care? They aren't going to bug us anymore unless they want to be gnome food." Mabel growled bitterly.

"They are going to try and find a new queen. So another soul gone into the woods."

"Who cares!? That is their problem and not ours. They would have to deal with it, not us."

I sigh, "You're right. Their problem...not ours."

Gideon POV

Pacifica came into the living room, jumping around and being happy, like normal. She came up to me and lean against the chair, "So what's going on?" 

I shrug, "Nothing. Just reading the journal...You seem happier than normal. What's up?"

"I got a boyfriend!" Pacifica cheered.

I was confused. So I looked up at her, away from the book, "What? You only been here for a week and you already got a boyfriend?"

"How couldn't this happen!? I'm just irresistible!"

Then the doorbell rang. 

"That would be him!" Pacifica jumped up and raced towards the door.  I sigh and shook my head as I continue to read in the journal. Then Dad came in, "What are you reading son?"

"A summer reading book. Nothing to worry about Dad."

Then Pacifica came with her boyfriend, "Family! I want you to meet my boyfriend!"

Dad chocked on his spit as he turned, "Excuse me? Boyfriend?"

Then a man came into view in the doorway. He wore a black hoodie and seems to be tall...and creepy. He also looked like he had just gotten into a fight with a black eye and a busted lip. He looked so dark and Gothic...how could this be Pacifica's boyfriend? 

"Yeah! His name is Norman." Pacifica smiled as she snuggled against him.

"Are you alright boy? It seems that you got a black eye." Dad replied.

"Um...yeah...just..." Norman trailed off with his gruff voice.

"The forest hurt him. You know how crazy it was out there Gideon. I hit my head." Pacifica explained, "That's what he told me. He's just nervous right now."