Chapter 13: Watcher

Pacifica POV

I was in town, on a run for Uncle Bud. He was having Gideon and I going on these runs for him. I was more thinking it was because he was very lazy to even leave the house. Of course we couldn't  argue with him. So I had to go to Mr. Tucker to get the boxes of candy for the shop. I was riding my bike through town, to downtown to be exact. I was listening to my music as I was riding through town. The nice 90's music, better than the popular ones today.

I drove up to where Mr. Tucker was. I removed the ear buds and turned off the music and jam it into my pocket as I walked over to him. Mr. Tucker smiled, "Morning my blondie friend."

I smiled back, "You too Mr. Tucker."

"Paz, I told you to call me Tuck." Tuck chuckled.

I nod, "Okay...Tuck."

"I like your shirt. My sister used to love that style." Tuck smiled, "I really do enjoy how you bring the past back. It makes me remember the good old days."

"What happened to those?"

"I grew up."

"You don't need to let being an adult to ruin that."

Tuck shrugged, "Just how it happens. Anyways, here are the two boxes of the candy your uncle wants." He sets it down on the back of my bike and strapped it in for me. I smiled, "Thanks Tuck."

Tuck then messed with my hair, "Of course my little blondie friend." I jerk away from hand, chuckling. "Well I got to go and make more deliveries. Be careful of the streets Paz."

"I will." I replied as I got on my bike again. I then plug in my ear bugs and started to play the music again. After finishing the song, it started to play my favorite song, Carry on Wayward Son. I started to hum to it, jamming to it.

I stopped at a corner and look up and down the street to see if cars were coming. I saw no cars coming so I started to cross the road. When I was In the middle of the street, I saw a truck in the corner of my eye racing down the road. I turn completely and saw it was just about to hit me and there was nothing I could do. The care was moving too fast and didn't seem to really notice me, for the driver was looking on their phone. I screamed out and I shut my eyes, waiting for the hit. Strangely all I got was a hard nudge that knocked me off my bike and to the ground but that was it. Didn't think that being hit in the car would be so painless like this.

I opened my eyes to see what happened and saw that I was still in the middle of the road, now on the ground, but the car wasn't on the road. I gasp out as I notice the car floating up in the air, wheels still going and engine running, like they were still racing down the road.

I removed my ear buds, "Wh-What the?"

"Can't stay out of trouble, eh?"

I turn my head and could see Dipper Gleeful there, stone around his neck and eyes glowing.

Then Dipper helped me up to my feet.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Just taking a walk. Why do you ask that every time you see me? This isn't just your town."

"Right...well Thanks...again."

"No worries."

Then the truck went over our heads and landed on the ground and it just drove off.

"Wonder who that was?" I muttered.

Dipper shrugged simply, "A moron." I then bent down and picked up my bike, "Well, I better get going. The candy will melt and Uncle Bud would kill me!"