Chapter 14: Hike up the Mountain

Dipper POV

I grabbed a knife from the table and flipped it up in the air and catching it easily, "I don't know what all of this means."

"A-About what?" The man bonded on the table stuttered. I started to pace, "I usually don't do this, talk to people about this but you are older and should now something about this."

I then sat at the edge of the table, "There is this girl."

"A g-girl?"

"Yeah. My sister hates her guts, wants to skin her. At first I didn't really care for her. Then there was this party and she was dress nicely. She was really pretty....I usually don't fall for girls but...she's different. I like different from my boring repetitive live...At that party...She wasn't like any other girl. She went up and faced a ghost, others would just run away."

"Wait...a ghost? I don't believe that."

I smirked and had the knife float up in the air because of my power, "You better believe because this town isn't what it seems." Then the knife went up and flew right at the man, right next to his head. "Now hush. I really need to figure this out." I snapped.

I then picked up another knife and played with the tip, "I just can't focus anymore and I just end up taking walks, very long walks. Then I will see her and...I just don't know."

"You like her. That's all it is."

"I-I can't like her. It wouldn't work out! She isn't...I-"

"Look...I will tell you if you spare me."

I thought about it, pretending to at least. I was going to kill him anyways but maybe I could make him think that I would spare him, so I can get the information.

"Fine."

The man sighed with relief, "Alright...You like her. You like her because she's different."

"That's why?"

"What else happened at the party?"

I bit my lower lip, "She got drunk because someone spiked the drink and she kissed me."

"There is the key to the lock! You got interested in her because of her looks and personality. You aren't used to liking people so you denied it. Then she kissed you and fireworks in the sky! You can't focus because your mind is thinking about her. You mentally go on walks and when you see her you get happy and smile."

"I don't smile."

"Okay.....Anyways, why are you struggling with this."

"I can't like her. My sister will kill me and her. Then...Something that my family have been trying to find for 30 years...a piece to solve it came and it has to deal with the place she is staying at."

"Tough luck...So what are you going to do? State that you like her or doing what your family wants."

"I don't even know if she likes me too. Why would she like me?"

"Why do you care so much if she likes you?"

I shrug, "I don't know....I guess...I don't know if I get to have another chance to meet a girl like her."

"You are afraid."

I glared up, "I'm not afraid. I'm not afraid of anything."

"You are so afraid."

I threw the knife right next to his head again. He yelps and his eyes widen in fear. "I don't want her to die! My sister will skin her, her friends will beat her, and life gets to her. People who are around me gets hurt. She isn't someone who shouldn't get hurt."