Chapter 4: Hang out

Gideon POV

It was finally morning and the next day and we were eating breakfast. "Are you alright Paz?" I asked her at the table. Pacifica looks up from her cereal, "Yeah."

"I'm sorry what happened last night. I didn't know that they were such jerks."

"They aren't jerks Gideon. It was just the cards and they were reading them."

"But their magic isn't real. It all was of an illusion. They were picking on you."

"They don't even know me."

I sigh, "I don't know Pacifica. I still think they are jerks. I mean, I bet those things aren't even real. They were just being mean to you."

"Whose being mean to you?" Dad asked as he came in.

"Uh...just some jerks that we met on the streets." I lied. If I told Dad that we went to the Gleeful Twin's place than I'll be cleaning out the gutters for the rest of my life.

"Who?"

"Don't know." I replied.

Dad scoffed, "I hope it isn't the three mean girls."

"Three mean girls?" Pacifica asked.

"Yeah. Brenda, Grandy, and Marble? I think?"

"I think you got the names wrong, Dad." I replied.

Dad shrugged, "Doesn't matter. They pick on people and make a fool of them over the internet. Cruel people they are. Were they the ones?"

"No." Pacifica replied.

"Who then? I want to crush those jerks like a grape for picking on my niece."

Then the doorbell rang. "NOT IT!" Pacifica shouted before I could. I sigh, "Fine." I then headed to the door and opened it. To my greatest surprise...it was Mabel Gleeful on my door step.

She smiles brightly at the sight of me opening the door. She was wearing black shoes, tights, a skirt, and shirt with a blue vest and ribbon around her neck. Her headband was black with a blue stone. it was just basically what she wore at the performance last night. She flipped some of her hair back and over her shoulder as She smiled, "Hi there!"

I felt very uncomfortable about this and had a really bad feeling about this also, "Uh...hi. What are you doing here?"

She smiled, "Oh, well I saw you last night at the show and you caught my eye. I'm very interested."

"Interested? Me?" I questioned.

She nod her head, "Huh uh. You are different and I like you." Then she stretches out her hand, "I didn't get to properly introduce myself. I'm Mabel Gleeful."

I shook her hand, "Gideon Pines."

"What a wonderful and beautiful name!" She smiled.

"Uh...Sure...uh...thanks I guess..."

She tilted her head, "What's wrong?"

"ummm...."

She pulled some of her hair behind her ear, her hand brushing against her little gem on her headband, "Does it have to deal with that Pacifica girl?"

"How-"

"I'm a mind reader remember." She smirks.

"Well yeah...I guess..."

"I didn't mean to hurt her feelings. It was just the cards. I was Just doing the job. It shouldn't mess with our friendship."

"Friendship?"