Chapter 8: Dealing with a ghost

yay! Another chapter!

Pacifica POV

The lumber man grabbed Dipper by the leg and lifted him up in the air upside down. "Think you can hide from me Northwest?"

"Let me go!" Dipper demanded.

The lumber man lifted the axe up to Dipper's head and neck, "I'm going to finish you Northwests for once and for all!"

"No!" I shouted but my shout was useless. He raise the axe but stopped himself from delivering the deadly blow.

"No." The lumber muttered. He then sniff the air, "There is another."

Dipper didn't wait any longer. He raise his hand and the stone around his neck glowed and his eyes. Then the two piece of the table was lifted up in the air and they came and hit the lumber man. The lumber man release Dipper and he landed on the floor. Dipper then quickly got to his feet and grab my hand and race towards the door.

The stone glowed more and the doors burst opened for us. Then we ran down the hall to escape the man.

"He's a ghost right?" I questioned.

"Does it really matter?" Dipper growled.

"It means our lives! He is a picture ghost, a level 10, and so on. We need to trap him in something silver." I explained, remembering what I read in the journal. Gideon was right about reading and reading the journal so you can memorize it. It was really helping me and our lives.

Dipper looks at me, "W-Where did you get that from?"

"Does it really matter?! Is there anything silver? Like a silver mirror?"

"Um...In the white room."

Then Dipper pulled us down a hall and I could see a white room. I started to run in there but Dipper pulled me back right as I was about to step in. "Don't!"

"Why not!?" I cried out, "We need to get that mirror!"

"We can't go in there. That is Stan's personal room. I'll get killed if I go in there."

"You are afraid of Stan? Who is he?"

"He's my great uncle. Took me and Mabel in when our parents died. He's the boss around here. Simple rules that we follow and we get along quite nicely."

"Why are you afraid of him?"

"I am not afraid of him! you wouldn't understand...it's just best we stay out of his way and he stay out of ours..." Dipper growled. He yank me away harder, "Try another room."

"We don't have time for this!" I protested.

I saw his eyes spark, "I said TRY ANOTHER ROOM!"

I then heard the ghost was coming, "Okay! Fine!" I replied as looked around, "But there is no other way. This is a dead end."

Dipper looks around and notice a picture of a couple. I'm guessing his parents. "There." He muttered, "It's a secret door on the other side."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. I'm always sure."

Then he grab my hand and went up to the picture and went through it with me to another room that looked like to be like an attic. "We should be safe here." He muttered, "Nobody knows about this place."

"Alright...now tell me...why is that ghost calling you Northwest?" I questioned.

"My mother was a Northwest. Her family was the children of  the founder of this town. All Northwest lived here ever since, keeping the family fortune and rule in line. My mother than met my father and married him, becoming a Gleeful but still Northwest blood in her veins. Then she had Mabel and I. We are the only Northwests that exist." Dipper explained, "Don't know about the ghost or who he is."