Chapter 17: Caught

Dipper POV

We started up the machine in less than an hour, "Alright, we are missing some things." Stan announced, "We need some acid or something to get this thing going."

"How are we going to get that?" Mabel asked, "We are rich but not that rich. They won't give us acid."

"We need to create a plan or something because the Pines are coming back soon." I replied, "We already wasted so much time trying to get in here."

"Alright, alright. Dipper you go out because you are messenger about when they leave again." Stan ordered, "Since you are going to be out there...you get the acid."

"What!"

Mabel placed her arm on my shoulder, "Oooo, poor baby can't steal some acid by himself." I jerk my shoulder, "Get lost."

"Mabel you are also going up and getting acid." Stan added.

"What!"

"Ha ha!" I laugh.

Mabel shoved me. Then she faced Stan, "Why?"

"You got a show and an alibi to create and have. It's something you can do easily...now Stealing the acid isn't going to be easy but I know that my two best great niece and nephew could do."

I sighed. Mabel mumbled something under her breath. Stan faced the panel, "Alright...I think that is all...now get out of here so we won't get in trouble with the nitwits. I'll stay here and make sure everything is going according to plan."

"Always giving us the hard stuff." Mabel whined as she headed out. I also headed out and place the vending machine back. Then we heard the sound of the doors shutting. "Shoot, they're here." I cursed. Mabel poked her head to the window, "Ooo! I can see Gideon! Gasp! He got a big fish! That's my sugar plumb!" I grab her arm, "Stop drooling over him and let's go through the back!"

Then we manage to get out of the house before the Pines and Pacifica came in.

Pacifica POV

It's been a few days since I've seen Dipper....He hasn't come to see me at all, which was strange...and why was I caring so much about it? I guess I missed him...but I couldn't just let that stop me for having fun...

Gideon and I were outside having a water balloon fight, "You know Paz...I've been hearing strange things at night."

"What do you mean?" I asked as I threw a water balloon at him. Gideon dodged it, by pure luck, "I don't know...like last night. I heard like someone was up in the store. There were two people muttering and bickering. Then sounds of wheels, like they were carrying something into the house. I even went to the store to see if someone was there and there wasn't."

"Then there was nobody."

"But there were marks on the wood like something heavy was there! Pacifica! There were people there! Then at other nights I hear humming and then I would crash to my bed...like I was floating!"

I laugh, "You've been having too much candy before bed, Gideon." Then a water balloon his me straight in the face. I gasp out in surprise as Gideon laugh, "Pay back!"

I then sat on the ground, leaning against wall of the house pulled out my soda. Gideon came and sat next to me, "So, Pacifica, I know this is about half of the summer...how are you liking it?"

I smiled, "I'm loving it. Of course there were ups and downs but mostly ups."

"Because you always look to the bright side."