Chapter 26: Inside the collector

Gideon POV

We entered the bubble and It was really dark and we couldn't see anything at all. 

"It must be dark because it hasn't been charged yet." Mabel pointed out.

"Don't say that! Pacifica is the one charging it." I growled. Then I looked around, "Argh, how are we supposed to see?"

"I can help with that."

Then Mabel's amulet glowed, giving off some light. It better than pitch darkness. As I was looking around, the place gave me the creeps and made me even more confused. There was nothing. It was just empty space. Mabel and I were walking on empty space. There was nothing around.

"Pacifica!" I called out. My voice echoed through the emptiness of the area and it was the only answer I got was my own voice.

Then suddenly there were some small lights that flickered on, making the area brighter, and it felt like the lights were all aiming at us....watching us. 

"I got a bad feeling about this." Mabel muttered, "My instincts are kicking in."

"M-Mabel...How do you think they drain everything?" I ask.

"I have no idea."

Then suddenly one of the lights moved. "M-Mabel?" I called out. Then suddenly the light went straight for me. "Ah! Mabel!" I cried out. The light was a claw with a light on its head and it grab me by my vest and lifted me up in the air.

"Gideon!" Mabel shouted. Then she raised her hand and the claw thing stop but it was shaking. Mabel was holding it but the claw was fighting back. "Mabel! Look out!" I shouted as another claw thing reached out and grabbed Mabel. She was lifted up in the air and that is when I was lifted up into darkness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I slowly opened my eyes to a blinding light that burned my eyes. It made me groaned as I closed my eyes again.

"Gideon!" A female voice called out. 

I know that voice...but it's been a while since I heard it. Then a gentle shook got my eyes to open again and to focus on the one that was shaking me gently.

 I couldn't believe my eyes... 

"M-Mom?" My mother smiled. She brushes my hair, "Yes my son? I'm glad you are okay."

"Am I...Am I dead?" I asked.

Mom laughed, "No sweetie. You just fell out of the tree."

"The tree?"

I looked up. There were some broken branches right above me from the tree I was under.

"How's your head?" She asked.

I gently push her hands away, "I'm fine...but where am I?"

Mom got a worried look, "Oh you did hurt your head! Bud!"

"What?" Dad called out.

"Gideon is hurt! We have to take him to the hospital!" Mom replied.

"Mom, I'm not hurt! I'm fine."

Dad then came around the corner and cheeked me, "I think he's fine dear." 

I nod my head, "Yeah...I am...I was just confused for the moment. I know where I am." At the corner of my eyes and scan the area. I was in the forest, the back yard of my home....my home in normal Gravity Falls.

"I'm home." I finished off my sentence. Mom smile, "Okay...You are okay."

"Told you he's fine." Dad chuckled as he walked away. Mom got up and helped me up to my feet. I looked around to make sure I wasn't just imagining everything. I was just home, well the back yard of my home. Everything was normal...and my mother was here.