Chapter 23: Dealing with the Apocalypse

Mabel POV

It's been three bloody long days out in this apocalypse. I was hiding in old buildings like a sad and pathetic soul...I was dirty, tired and hungry. After a day, my powers finally came back but it doesn't matter when demons are everywhere and will kill or capture you.

There was no food at all and so I couldn't use my powers to get food. The last food I had was a day ago. I stole it from a guy. It was a pretty good sandwitch.

I sigh as I was under a desk as some eye bats' rays went through the windows to find someone. I couldn't find anyone that I know of...or would want to be around me. They were more wanting to rob me or something. Stan went off somewhere, Ford was capture, Dipper was gone or capture....I don't know...and my friends aren't around either. 

I was alone.

I rub my amulet for some sort of comfort.

"Think Mabel...you got to think of something to do. What do to next? There's got to be something to do!" I muttered.

Then suddenly there was a sound of the door opening and closing.

Shoot, they found me!

I grip my amulet tightly in my grip as I shot out from the desk and used my powers. I lifted the things, about to crush them but stop myself. I was filled with joy as I saw who had enter the place, "Gideon!"

Gideon was up in the air, "Mabel!"

I release Gideon by gently setting him to the ground. I then ran up to him and hug him, "Oh thank goodness that my sugar plumb is alright!" Gideon didn't hug me back, "Uh....Can you let me go?"

I let him go, "I'm sorry! Did I crush you? I didn't mean too..."

"No...it's fine. Are you by yourself?" Gideon asked me.

"Yeah. Stan ran off, Ford got captured, and Dipper...I don't know. Fiddleford did something to him. He has Dipper's amulet. I don't know where anyone is."

"I know what you mean. I can't find Pacifica...but for Stan...He's with me."

"Stan? My great uncle?"

"Yeah. I've been going around trying to find survivors. There is an underground bunker where I've been hiding."

"Oh."

Gideon sigh, "Would you like to come?"

I smiled, "Of course!" I then hug Gideon tightly. 

"M-Mabel!" He gasped out

I release him, "Oops! Sorry my love."

"First off....I'm not your love. You tried to kill Pacifica and myself."

"I would never try to kill you!"

"But Pacifica. You tried to kill her and then you had your friends bully her. I'm only helping you because I'm nice."

"Gideon..."

"It's true. You hurt her and...wait...did you do something to her!"

"What? No! I haven't seen her!"

"Well she went to see Dipper before everything happened..."

"To see Dipper? What! That no good mother of-"

"See my point! You call her names and just been mean to her. That is why I don't like you, the same with Pacifica. Now she came over to your house to talk to Dipper. We wanted to see what you were planning to do with the power of the journals and portal. Pacifica was never seen again."