Chapter 5: Break Up

Pacifica POV

Gideon and Mabel had been hanging out a lot for the past few days. I was getting a bit worried to be honest. Like I said before, she is going to fall in love with him at this rate. He had a cute face of a little kid and he was really sweet, funny, and kind. Who wouldn't want him?

One day, Gideon came home from a small 'hang out' a bit stressed out. I looked up from the journal, "Gideon? What's wrong?"

Gideon sigh as he faced me, "You were right, Pacifica. I should have listened to you."

"What are you talking about?"

"About Mabel! She's falling in love with me!"

"Well tell her no. You are the only person that could limit her."

"I can't say no to her! It's just...It's just...Ah! I just can't say no to people! Especially her."

"What gave it away that she is in love of you?"

"She...she asked me out. Like a date. She called it a date and she asked if I could be hers. Pacifica! I don't know what to do!"

"Why don't you tell her that you don't want to date her and only to be friends."

"I-I...I don't know." He grumbled as he faced the fish tank, walking over to it.

I then close the book completely and walked over to his side. He was by the fish tank, tapping softly on the glass. I rub his shoulder, "Would you like it if I do it for you?"

Gideon looks up, "What? Break up Mabel and I? Would you really do it?"

"Why not! I can talk to her, Girl to girl you know. She would completely understand, don't you worry, Since I'm a girl you know. Besides, You are my cousin and I want to help you. This is eating you up and so I would like to help you."

Gideon then hugs me, "Oh thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You are the best!"

"No problem cuz! That is what cousins are for."

That night Gideon and Mabel are supposed to go to this restaurant to eat dinner together but I went instead to break them up. I really didn't have a problem with it. What could possibility go wrong?

Mabel was already at the table, already looking at a menu. When I came up to the table she looks up, "Pacifica Southeast...you are Gideon's cousin, correct?"

I smiled, "Yeah."

"So where's Gideon? Coming late?" Mabel asked me.

"Actually, no, he's not coming at all."

Mabel looks at me, tilting her head to the side, "Why not?"

"How do I put this...He doesn't want to date you."

"Excuse me?"

"He feels a bit awkward about it and doesn't want to date you. He still wants to be friends with you though but he's not ready for a relationship."

At this point I swear I saw Mabel's eye twitch, "You came between us?"

"Oh no, I wouldn't dare to. I'm just a messenger. These are his words not mine. I hope you understand."

Mabel didn't respond for the moment. Then her lips curled up to make a smile, "Oh well. These things happen don't they?"

"So we are cool? Still friends with Gideon?"

She smiled, "Of course!"

I smile, "Great! Hope to see you soon...friend."

She smiled, "Of course."