Chapter 2

All eyes in the Great Hall land on me when I walk in through the doors without anyone announcing my name. It is also unusual for someone older to be new here I suppose. 

I walk in with my head held high, aware of the numerous stares, yet I pretend not to notice everyone with their attention solely on me. I stride over to the tiny stool sitting near the podium with the sorting hat on it with the infamous Dumbledore standing behind. I can tell that people are intimidated by a new student over the age of eleven and one not in proper attire either.

I finally look through the sea of students and slyly smiling since no one here knows that I am the creator of a lot of spells, the Original Witch or a part of the Original Vampire Family.

I sit myself down on the small chair and wait for Dumbledore to place the foul hat on my head in order to sort me into a house. Dumbledore clears his throat and speaks out in a soft yet firm tone, "And you are?"

I turn in my seat to face him, "Alexia, fifth year." He nods his head unsure, so I speak up again but quietly this time in order to compel him, "put the hat on my head. I am supposed to be here." The pupils of his eyes dilate and he follows my orders. Satisfied, the dark brown, talking hat is placed on my head as I await my house.

Within mere seconds the hat announces, "Slytherin!" I stand up proudly and knowingly as a table cheers loudly for their newest student.

I make my way to the long table to the left and find an open seat across from a guy who seems to be the most popular guy in Slytherin. I can gather this fact by the girls at my table glaring at me as the boy with platinum blonde hair smiles my way. I wave my fingers back flirtatiously to him and face the feast that has popped up in front of us at the table. I admire the large array of foods, but it reminds me of the feasts we used to have as a village when we came to America. 

Looking at all the meat, bread and vegetables in front of me, I realize that this isn't what I want for dinner, but I know I can't have people questioning me the first night. I place some of the food on my plate and eat, yet my stomach still feels empty since food does nothing for me. 

While we all eat, announcements are made by Dumbledore about this upcoming school year, so I listen in curious. I want to be aware of everything going on because I do not want to miss anything or be out of the loop.

Something about no Quidditch is mentioned and there are a lot of people protesting. I heard that quidditch is very popular here and this seems to be an unpopular decision.

Instead apparently, the Triwizard Tournament is taking its place, which sounds so much more thrilling in my opinion. I have heard about this tournament where different schools' champions compete for the chance at glory. They stopped it for a while because of the deaths since the tasks are extremely daunting and dark.

I keep to myself as people talk on about their summer holiday and the upcoming year. Dumbledore dismisses us from dinner, so I try to find my way to the Slytherin common room and am helped by the Head boy and girl who are leading the first years to their new homes. 

We enter the dungeons and I bet most students do not like coming down here since it is much darker than the rest of the castle. I actually like the mystery that comes from the darkness, so I am content with my house and our dorm location.

As I step in though the door after the older students tell us the password, 'Mudblood', none other than Mr. Popular drags me away from the crowd of people conversing. 

The unfamiliar guy pushes me up against a wall of the cold dungeon, away from the people standing in the common room. With an unbeatable poker face on, I stand silent waiting for him to speak and am left to wonder how a guy around 14 or 15 has so much confidence. 

"Have a last name love?" That is his question? He has no game.

I respond in a cool tone that is unwavering, "In fact I do. But that is for me and me only to know. Deal with it." I smirk as the smile falls from his face as he realizes I am not a normal teenage girl.

"Feisty are you love? I give it about five days." I shoot him a questioning look by raising by eyebrows. "For you to fall head over heels in love with me."

I roll my eyes at his arrogance, "I would extend that deadline to never pretty boy." I pat his cheek and turn to walk away from him. His hand latches onto mine strongly, and I start to grow impatient at his stubbornness. Some humans cannot comprehend simple things, like me not wanting to be here talking to this guy.

"What?" I snarl through my teeth. He looks frightened for a second since I caught him off guard with my hostility. He shrugs it off and leans in towards me, almost as if he expects me to kiss him. 

Once again, I roll my blue eyes and push him back with a little bit more than human force. He lands against the wall opposite of the one I am leaning against, which makes his face turn into one of pure shock. His hair is now disheveled and he gets up to try and fix ix to regain his composure. 

"H-how? How could you push me that hard?" I smile as I walk over to him.

I look into his icy blue-grey eyes, "Maybe one day you will know. For now, you will not remember being pushed by me. Got it?" He nods weakly as I back away from the boy and back into the busy common room. 

I explore the common room a bit, admiring the silver details with the dark green decor. Seems elegant but also comfortable at the same time. The fire crackles loudly under the voices around and I then decide to leave everyone be.

As I start to head towards my newly assigned room, a girl with light brown hair stops me. "You were talking to Draco Malfoy?"

I ask, "oh is that his name?" She nods her head and I chuckle, "well Draco Malfoy needs to learn a few things." And by a few, I mean a lot. 

Starting to walk away from the girl, I stop when another  squeaky voice pipes in, "stay away from my Draco."

A sly smile plays on my lips as I turn my body towards the voice, "Are you asking or telling me to?"

The darker haired brunette looks like she is about to throw a fit when I don't comply right away. She is no looker and seems nasty as well, so I bet she probably thinks that she is all that. "Telling and you better do as I say... or else."

I laugh at her statement, "is that a threat?" She nods her head confidently. "Well in that case I will make sure to help Draco with his game."

With that, I leave the girls behind and head towards my room on the floor up, which belongs to only me. I requested to be alone thanks to compulsion always working like a charm.

I sit down on my full sized bed and am finally content. Most people would think that vampires wouldn't sleep but our kind does. We function like humans basically. Before I fall asleep, I get up to change into some comfier clothes and brush my teeth. After lying back down, I close my eyes and fall asleep with a smile on my face due to the thought of my brilliant plan to bring my own flesh and blood down.