Chapter 49

The four of us land in the middle of a busy street in the muggle world, right in front of a bus heading our way and fast. I quickly push them all out of the way since their reflexes are being slow.

They all exhale, relieved I saved them from what would have been a painful death. Hermione is the first to regain herself as Ron looks like he is in shock. Her heart beats fast with widened eyes, yet she shakes it off in attempts to focus her mind, "Follow me."

We walk down a few blocks in silence, clearly overdressed compared to the likes of the others in normal street clothes. My heels click loudly against the pavement until we finally reach our destination. I look into the window of the deserted coffee shop but trust Hermione, so I follow her in with the two boys slowly following suit. 

We decide to occupy a small table towards the end of the shop and all sit down at the rectangular table, most too afraid to speak in fear of being caught. I hear their hearts thumping fast, still on edge about the attack at the wedding and the fact that the ministry has apparently fallen. 

A waitress comes over to take our order, but I notice Ron looking completely lost. The guys order what Hermione gets and I decide to pass on coffee, not in the mood for anything other than what my body truly craves. The waitress leaves to make their drinks in the back, out of ear shot.

"So where do we go now?" My eyes snap over to Ron who finally looks normal again and actually has some color on his face now.

Harry and Ron throw out some ideas, but Hermione smartly points out, "If the ministry really has fallen, then none of our usual places are safe. Everyone from the wedding probably went underground into hiding or at home with protection wards up."

Harry realizes something and leans forward as his eyes dart around the room, "All my stuff is in the room at the Burrow."

Hermione shakes her head, placing a recognizable extendable bag onto the table. My eyes tear away from the trio as I hear the bell ring, signaling new customers. I turn around to see two men walk in and sit a few tables down from us. Their is a darkness surrounding them, making me worry that they aren't muggles here to drink coffee late in the night.

Harry seems to not bother with the new people as he holds up the bag, "You're joking."

She sighs, "I've had all the essentials packed for days and anything else we could need...just in case something were to happen. Guess I made the right decision." 

Harry starts talking about the matter some more but something else catches my eye. I see one man reach into his pocket to pull something out, and the second I see the tip of a wand, I duck, pulling Harry down with me. 

A spell comes flying our way and thankfully Hermione and Ron duck out just in time as well. Harry bravely stands up and starts casting spells but I have a different plan. 

I quickly run over to one man, my teeth latching onto his neck, draining him of his blood in a mere few seconds. His body collapses to the ground as I throw the other one into the wall, knocking him out cold. 

Ron mutters out, "Well that works..."

The waitress then makes her way back into the main dining room, eyes widening at horror of the mess and the blood from my victim. Hermione yells, "Go!" The waitress thankfully listens to Hermione's urgent and commanding tone, fleeing through the door in an instant. 

Ron uses his deluminator to turn off all the lights as Hermione lowers the blinds. The others join me next to the unconscious man and Harry looks as though he recognizes the man. 

"He was on the astronomy tower the night Snape killed Dumbledore." 

Ron looks at the bloodied man on the floor nearby, "I've seen his face on the wanted posters." Deatheaters somehow already found us, causing my mind to worry and wonder about how these three will manage to stay safe. Ron glares at the unconscious man, "Can we just kill him and get out of here?"