Chapter 59

I hear my friends shuffle behind me as a hand reaches out for me. The second the hand reaches my shoulder, I quickly stand up and turn around to face them all. This startles the group slightly and Hermione withdrawals her hand in a rush.

They stare at me soundlessly, trying to decipher what just happened and what to say to me. They look at me tear stained face, yet take notice of the lack of tears now.

Fred is the first to speak up from beside me, "Alexia...are you alright?"

I nod my head and say with a slight tinge of sarcasm, "Do you see me crying anymore?" They all look taken aback at the coldness radiating from my figure.

Hermione points out the obvious, "But that was quite intense...and devastating... if I do say so myself."

My shoulders shrug nonchalantly, "It is what it is. I finally understand now that my life has consisted of nonstop lies from when I was human to now. No need to dwell on it though."

I can tell that they all are exchanging looks with one another, hoping that one of them understands what is going on. The room remains quiet as I casually look around, until George lets out a long sigh as realization floods his face. 

Everyone turns towards him, and I follow suit as I cross my arms over my chest and raise my eyebrows expectantly.

George fills his lungs with a deep breath, "She turned off her humanity switch so she doesn't have the feel her emotions."

I look around the room to see everyone's eyes widen, especially Fred's, and there are traces of worry evident on all of their faces.

Fred's eyebrows furrow with a heated look on his face. His voice arises firmly, "Why would you do this?"

Much to their dismay, my voice still shows no signs of sadness, "To protect myself and all of you." My friends look surprised at my response, so I speak again, "I may not be feeling any emotions right now, but I know who I cared for, so that hasn't changed."

"Despite you not feeling, we are sorry about everything that just went down."

My eyes settle on Harry as I detect some pity, yet I brush it off. "Honestly, it was bound to happen since the world seems to not want long term happiness for me." I truly am convinced this is true since something always seems to happy whenever I find myself content with life.

Ron steps forward, "Is it true?" I cock my eyebrow at this, signaling him to specify his question. "What you said about being the first..."

Hermione looks deep in thought, "Surely the books aren't wrong..." She mumbles to herself, not wanting to believe that what she has strived to learn through and through has been incorrect all along. 

"I hate to break it to you Hermione, but the books don't contain the truth." My body moves over to the nearest wall, leaning against it casually as I continue on, "As crazy and near impossible as it is, I am the first witch of this kind of magic."

Shocking everyone, the room remains quiet as they try to comprehend my words. To ease the process, I further explain my abilities, "That is why I use nonverbal and hand magic so well. Magic was literally my destiny, if you believe in all of that nonsense."

Still in a daze, Hermione mumbles under her breath, "Fascinating." Ron rolls his eyes, expecting this type of response from her. He nudges her in the side to make her snap out of her trance, forcing her to shoot him a glare.

Hermione looks as though she wants to say more, and I want her to. "Ignore Ron. You have more thoughts about me being the original witch...do share."