Chapter 33

Umbridge being appointed high inquisitor was the last straw for most people, but Harry especially. In that moment he asked us to recruit trustworthy students who would be interested in our idea. 

I notice a decent size group of students gathered in Hog's Head during Saturday afternoon, with me being the only Slytherin. I can see the Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs eye me up and down as I enter the pub.

For once I feel like they are looking at me because I am a Slytherin and not a vampire, which is oddly a pleasant feeling since it makes me feel more normal. 

My eyes roam the room, attempting to find a place to sit. Some Gryffindors glare at me and whisper, wondering what I am doing here as I make my way towards the front where Fred waves me over. 

I smile as I sit down next to Fred, "Hey Freddie."

Fred pouts in response, "I wish I had a cute nickname for you." My eyebrows raise at this, not expecting the nature of his response. 

"Did you just say cute?"

Fred nods his head, "Yes because it will make you seem less terrifying." I roll my eyes as I lightly shove his shoulder, knowing he doesn't' actually think I am terrifying. 

"I will be patiently waiting as you come up with one." He offers a thumbs up, yet I look away when I feel eyes on me. I look over my shoulder to see George looking at our exchange, not particularly thrilled. 

Surprisingly, George walks over to sit on the other side of Fred and says hello. He doesn't seem as cold as he settles in, turning his attention towards the front where Hermione stands up.

We all watch her expectantly as she looks around the room, "Um...hi. So you all know why we are here. We need a teacher. A proper teacher," Sarcasm seeps from her tone at the latter thought. "One who has had real experience defending themselves against the dark arts."

A student I don't recognize stubbornly asks, "Why?"

Ron is quick to jump in, already annoyed, "Why? Because you know who is back."

We look to the guy again who answers in a monotone voice, "So he says." He nods his head in Harry's direction as he speaks this, clearly not supportive of Harry. 

Hermione defends Harry immediately, "So Dumbledore says."

"So Dumbledore says because he says. The point is...where's the proof?" Hermione rolls her eyes at him, and I am on the same page with her. 

Another speaks up, "If Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got killed." We all know that Cedric is a touchy subject and some are not being sensitive towards that. "And why is the blood sucking Slytherin here?"

I stand up, "I went into Harry's mind and saw it with my own eyes, so stop being so stubborn and accept the hard truth that he's back."

I completely ignore the latter comment, not wanting to get into it, yet Harry says, "Alexia is a talented witch and helped us come up with this idea. If you have a problem with that or the fact that I'm not going to talk about Cedric, you might as well clear out now." 

Harry then shuffles over to Hermione and says in a rushed whisper, "Come on Hermione, let's go. They are all just here because they think I am some freak." 

I feel bad for Harry as he begins to leave, not wanting to put up with any more negativity surrounding what he knows is the truth. 

Luna's angelic voice carries around the room, "Is it true you can cast a Patronous charm?"

Harry stares at Luna, not answering immediately. Hermione takes note of this and speaks for him, "Yes, I've seen it." 

Lee Jordan's eyes widen at this and blurts out,"Blimey Harry, I didn't know you could do that."