Chapter 61

I am in...so much...pain...10/10 do not recommend a tonsillectomy unless you have to have it. All I have had the past few days is broth and ice cream...*sigh*. Has anyone else gone through this before? I have so many meds in my system (it's honestly very difficult to concentrate), but really want to get a chapter out for all of you wonderful readers. so enjoy/vote/comment xx

Two weeks later

My morning begins the same way as it has for the last two weeks. I pull myself up from the couch  only to be faced with a seemingly lost Fred.

The meaning behind his words hasn't changed since the first time he's asked them, but I can tell some defeat is starting to seep in. His eyes bore into my own, "Have you decided to turn on your emotions today?"

My response is always simple, trying to not fight him constantly about my decision. "Nope." 

The twins have been firm about my 'extracurriculars' here in the apartment. They banned me from bringing people up here to indulge me in casual feeding, but at least they didn't ban the alcohol. 

There have been a few moments where I could tell they were cracking because entertained smiles would appear on their faces as I made sassy comments or would carelessly show off my dance moves. 

Fred and George would never admit it, but they do enjoy my carefree behavior at times, although it's obvious they want me to return back to normal. Normal is not a luxury we can afford right now. 

While Fred continues on to make breakfast after hearing my unwavering response, George has been the surprising twin in all this, seeing as though he challenges me more. George saunters up to me, "You are still being so stubborn."

This isn't news, so I instead retort, "And you're being impatient."

I make my way over to the table and sit down on top of the wooden surface next to where Fred put his plate of food down. He shoots me a look, yet I ignore it as I ask, "What fun things are we doing today?"

The twins reply in sync, "Work." In a mere few minutes, the twins are already downstairs working on products that could benefit our side in the war while I get dressed for the day. 

Soon enough, its after lunchtime and my hunger sparks an idea in my head. I run downstairs quickly to join the twins. "It's time for a break and I have just the idea!"

The pair exchange a look but are curious nonetheless, "What?"

A childish smile forms on my face, "Ice cream."

George goes, "Alexia, it's freezing outside today."

I shrug at this, not caring about the weather. Fred adds onto his twin's thoughts, "Not all of us are immune to the cold." 

"I figured you two would say that so," I pull out two large winter coats from behind my body and hold it out, "so I found a solution."

Fred and George groan, knowing they lost this one and would be eating ice cream with me in a little bit. After they pile on layers of warm clothing, we are met with snow coming down hard outside. 

George mutters from behind me, "Are you sure this is still a good idea?"

"I don't see why not," I respond as I lead the two over to Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour, which is still surprisingly open. I guess no one can hate on ice cream, death eaters included. 

Feeling like a kid in a candy shop for the first time, I excitedly trudge over to the display and place my hands on top of the glass to get a better look at the different flavors.