Chapter 63

The second Harry contacted the Order, we all knew it was here.

No one spoke as we swiftly got dressed for what could be a funeral for all of our friends and allies later. The air is tense and no one knows how to break it. We haven't quite figured out whether to just go on or say a goodbye just in case.

As we are walking out of the apartment, I stop when I see a package with my name on it on the floor outside the door. I gesture for the twins to head downstairs as I carefully bend down to pick it up.

There's a card attached on top, so I peel it off gently and lift it in front of my eyes. I read the cursive writing, attempting to understand the words before I see what's inside.

For when you decide that he is worth a mortal life -Klaus

Not wanting to waste anymore time, I tear open the cardboard and see a small, shiny black case. Lifting the hook, I immediately realize what my brother has done for me.

I carefully pick up the small vial and examine the murky red color inside, wondering if this is really it.

A hopeful smile makes its way onto my face as I realize that I now hold the singular cure to vampirism, courtesy of my brother. I remind myself to head back to New Orleans after this is over to thank my brother for the kindest thing he could give me, aside from his love.

I could, if I choose to do so, trade in my immortality for a human life filled with new experiences. I could grow old with Fred Weasley and give him the dream he always wants. I wouldn't have to make Fred decide between turning immortal for me and abandoning his twin in the journey of life, or never fully being able to be with me in the long run.

Slipping the vial into my pocket, I decide that I will tell Fred after the war is over and we are free to enjoy this moment properly. I walk downstairs so we can get going.

Fred, George, and I remain quiet as we travel to Hogwarts for one last fight that would determine the fate of magic. My magic.

There is no way in hell that I am going to let Voldemort destroy everything that I worked so hard to create. I know deep down that this magic is resilient and strong, but a dark enemy can never be underestimated.

As we walk around the grounds, I notice the darkness hiding in the crevices of the castle that once was the safest place for everyone here.

The Order stands prepared in front of the closed doors of the Great Hall, anticipating our cue to enter and know that we are ready for what's to come. The twins run into the arms of their parents, finding a short moment to be able to be happy.

There are a few members I don't recognize, yet my eyes linger on the woman whose hair is a cotton candy pink. The old me would despise the divergence of her kind, but now all I see is someone with the same goal as me. She catches my eye and we share a mutual nod of respect.

The volume inside the hall raises, so I tune in my ears to listen in.

Snape's monotone and stagnant voice fills the entire hall, no one uttering a word, "Now should anyone, student or staff, attempt to aid Mr. Potter, they will be punished in a manner consistent with the severity of their transgression. Furthermore, any person found to have knowledge of these events who fails to come forward will be treated as equally guiltily."

He pauses, taking in the silence of the room. "Now then, if anyone here has any knowledge of Mr. Potter's movements, I invite them to step forward now."