Chapter 26

Sorry guys, I've been bad at updating. I haven't been in the head space to write this past week because I have been super sick and I am just dealing with some mean girls right now sadly and its been stressing me out. But here is a new chapter!! Get pumped for the finale of part 1 and then off to part 2. Who is excited? Cause I definitely am. Anyways, enjoy!

"George!"

The tall red head grins at the sight of me as he turns his body around to face mine walking towards him. I have a huge smile plastered on my face, and I couldn't stop smiling even if I tried.

We both walk towards each other, meeting in the middle with other students busily passing by on their way to classes. It is free period yet again, so I know me and George will be the sole students in the hallway within a few minutes.

Without another greeting, we wrap our arms around each other in a strong embrace. One that I never want to let go off since it fills my body with warmth. I didn't realize my eyes were closed until I break away from the darkness to see Draco across the hall with a smirk on his face, offering me a thumbs up. I give him a closed smile, pulling the corners of my lips up.

George pulls away, "How are you doing love?"

Instead of being annoyed at the word love like when Draco says it, I don't mind and actually enjoy him calling me love.

"Good now that you're here."

His eyebrows raise, chuckling at my words, "That was so cheesy."

"Too cheesy?"

He shakes his long hair, laughing, "Not at all. Just surprising to hear you say it."

My shoulders shrug, and I take his hand in my own before pulling him towards a window with a bench underneath. Hagrid's Hut can be seen from here with smoke rising from the chimney. We both sit down, out bodies close to one another.

I take a deep breath, attempting to prepare myself for the conversation to come. Nerves invade my body, and I realize that I have not been this nervous since I was human. Normally I have nothing to be nervous about, but emotions put me in a vulnerable state.

Part of me knows that George has strong feelings for me as well, especially since he decided to be with a Slytherin. The other part of me worries that if I open up about what I am, he will either be fearful or upset that I didn't tell him sooner,

My mind thinks back to what Draco said about love and how it's a funny thing, and he's right. It's funny how I closed myself off from feeling for so long, yet only a few months with someone is already urging for my humanity to return.

I thought about finding happiness here, but I did't think it would actually happen. Good things are always taken away from me somehow, which is why I am so fearful of telling George.

A gentle squeeze of my hand brings me back to reality, so I allow my eyes to lock with George's. His tone is caring as he asks, "Are you alright? You seem out of it."

My head nods to pressure him, although I know I have to speak what is on my mind, "I know you've seen a change in me this year, and I am embracing the change. I have no idea why you wanted to get to know me in the first place since I was a cold, overconfident Slytherin at the beginning of the year..."

"I knew there was more to you than what originally met the eye." His words hold truth in them, but more than he knows right now.

I look away briefly, breaking our gaze, so I could start to initiate me telling him about my supernatural abilities. "You're right about that, and there is still more to me that you deserve to know about."