Part 2-Chapter 28

My body leans against a brick wall, waiting for her to walk out of the 24 hour diner. Minutes pass without anyone exiting, and I wait impatiently. Finally a bell rings as the door swings open, the girl stepping out finally to start heading home.

She walks down the sidewalk a bit until I flash in front of her.

She lets out a frightened shriek, placing her hand over her heart, "Oh my god, you scared me!"

I stand tall, my stance challenging her in an unspoken way. She attempts to maneuver her way around me, "Excuse me."

My hand darts out, preventing her from leaving. My voice responds dangerously low, "Run."

Her eyes widen at my harsh words and takes off without a second thought, but runs into a narrow alleyway behind the diner. I run to catch up to her and she finds herself stuck at a dead end.

She looks around desperately for a way to escape as she lets out heavy huffs of air, even though she knows its a lost cause. 

Her hands reach for purse strapped around her body, taking it off, "Here's my purse. Take my money!" 

I let out a chuckle, "It's not your money I want." With that, I run towards her and bite down onto her carotid artery. The purse falls to the ground below as I feed on the stranger.

After a few moments, I pull away and notice the woman is too shocked to even scream. "You can go home now and remember none of this." The woman bends down to pick up her purse and walks off in a daze, unsure of what just happened. She turns right out of the alleyway as I head out as well.

A voice emerges from the shadows, "That's another one you have yet to kill."

I peer over at my friend, Katerina, and shrug, "I don't have it in me right now to take the life of an innocent."

"You are acting so pathetic right now. You can't even take a human life like most vampires do."

Her words sting, but I don't show it. "Katerina, enough of this." I take a deep breath, "I appreciate you taking me in and all, but no more talk about  my current state."

"So what? You are just going to be a sad little original vampire wasting all of her strength on nothing?"

My words rush out in regards to her other comment, not wanting to address what she said about my strength, "I said I don't want to kill anyone now, leave it be!"

I don't have it in me anymore to keep killing, although this was not the case right after the betrayal.

My body is sore as I run through the Forbidden Forest, flashing past everything extremely fast with my supernatural speed. 

I keep running though, wanting to increase the distance between me and the person who stabbed me in the back by stabbing me in the front with a stake. 

Soon, I am in the real world, no longer surrounded by magic. This is when I collapse and fall to the ground underneath me. I let out a yell full of emotion. It lasts for a few seconds and shows my anger and sadness.

Tears roll down my cheeks rapidly as I collapse even more to the point where I am laying on my back, looking up at the night sky.

My humanity switch begs to be flipped into the off position like I did after Elliot betrayed me. This is not the same thing, but this is the first time I have truly felt like I was happy as a vampire. I decide not to turn it off though, knowing that I will be stronger if I feel the anger.

Suddenly I feel motivated and want to revisit my dark past once more before I begin a new chapter. I pull my body up from the ground and run towards the next closest city.