Ending of Part 2-Chapter 46

As some of you TVD/TO fans may have noticed, I altered a few things from the TV series that worked with my plot more (timeline of events/how things went down). 

My siblings stay quiet for a moment, trying to decipher my words declaring a grave death. They don't seem to catch on even as I mutter out, choking on my tears, "I didn't think it would happen like this...after I haven't seen him in so long ..."

A realization comes upon me, "I didn't get to say goodbye!" My body convulses as I fall completely onto Elijah, no longer able to control my tears or my body. Not caring about messing up his suit, he sits down to hold me up better. 

Rebekah sits down as well, rubbing soothing circles on my back with her hand, "Just breathe sister."

From the entrance to the room, I hear the werewolf say to Niklaus, "She's scaring her." My heart breaks more because of this, not wanting to cause anymore harm to everyone here. Nik ushers Haley out and walks over to me, surrounding by Elijah holding my trembling figure and Rebekah comforting me. 

He kneels down and lifts his hand to place it gently on my cheek. Worry fills his eyes, but I also see a hint of fear in his eyes since he knows how strong I am. "Whatever happened, we will get through this as a family and will be there for you."

Grateful for my siblings, a tight smile appears through the tears. They deserve to know, so I let Rebekah guide me through some deep breathes until I calm down to the point where I can coherently talk. I open my mouth to speak, yet I know if I tell them, then it really happened and he's gone forever. 

"Kol's dead."

My words echo through the compound, shaking everyone to the core. We lost Finn over a year ago but Kol, this came as a surprise to us all. Kol was a fighter and was persistent, there was seemingly no way this could have happened. 

Rebekah quickly joins me in crying for our deceased brother and my twin as Nik and Elijah both show signs of tears about to run down their cheeks. 

Elijah's voice is quiet as he stares off into the distance, "All he wanted his entire life was to be apart of our family and our pact."

I look up at Elijah, "At least he accomplished that and much more..." I trail off at the end, finding it hard to talk about family when ours has just taken a devastating hit. 

A singular tear runs down Nik's cheek but his eyes are then replaced with fury. He roars out, making us all cringe, "Who did this?"

My words slip out of my mouth before I can stop them, "Elena Gilbert."

"She will pay for this!"

I look at my hybrid brother I used to hate with every fibre of my body, admiring his genuine care for our family, "Nik...the old Kol would have wanted us to rip them all apart in sweet revenge, but I think in this moment, he would rather us focus our attention elsewhere." I gesture my head towards the room next door, signaling to focus on the one thing we all care about more than preserving our lives.

Nik raises his hand to run it across his mouth, as if to think up a plan, completely ignoring my words. I shakily stand up and walk over to my brother to rest a hand on his arm, "We will get our revenge for what she did to Kol. For what they did to Katerina and Finn." 

Elijah looks down when I mention Katerina's name, seeing as they were together before Elena decided to shove the cure for vampirism down her throat, only to allow Silas to feed on her, making her age and die. Silas, a name I haven't thought about in so long since he seemed to fall off the face of the Earth, was truly back. He hasn't come for me yet, but he could appear any day in any body.