Chapter 13

Sorry I took longer to update! I am in the middle of midterms, but I will try to post another chapter tonight as well.

Thank you x

Lately, all I can think about is the fact that someone is suspicious.

Someone is seeking more knowledge about vampires. For once in my life, I haven't got a clue as to who wants to know more.

I've ruled out Ron, who has returned to acting as my personal blood supply. He has gained enough information about the species from me, and more than I would have thought I would tell him.

I covered my tracks with Draco as well, so there is not way it is him. 

One person popped into my head, and it made me wonder: could Fred Weasley be the one?

He has a hatred for my guts and has made it clear he wants nothing to do with me. He came at me for being around Ron. What's to say he didn't connect the dots?

I come to the conclusion that the Weasley boy has to learn a lesson. Whether it be looking into something he shouldn't or confronting me about my relation to Ron.

My mind finally feels at peace, and I can return to the lesson at hand.

Professor Snape is one of those people that seem to hold a million secrets that no one will ever know of, but I can read him like a children's book.

He puts up this front of having no positive emotion, no way of ever loving; however, I can see the lingering sadness in his eyes. He lost his love, and the proof is with how he treats Harry and sulks by himself when no one is looking. 

And for that reason, I seem to want to actually pay attention in his class, no matter how monotone his voice may sound.

All too soon, he speaks again to inform us class is dismissed.

I quickly gather my belongings and weave my way through the tables and stools to exit the classroom. I have no more classes for the day, so I decide to stroll outside for a little bit.

I used to adore my daily daytime strolls where I would pick some flowers for mother and just ponder the thrill of life (or sometimes lack of).

The air was growing colder as the days went by because the holidays were fast approaching.

The wind keeps knotting up my hair, but I don't mind. I actually feel...peaceful. Relaxed. I decide to soak it in by jumping up into a tree overlooking the lake.

No one could possibly see me all the way up, but I can view everything. I let my mind wonder about why my life couldn't be like this more often, but I immediately tell myself that for some reason, I will never experience this constantly.

Not with my circumstances, not with my history, and by no means with my family.

"Do you reckon she would say yes?" I tune my ears to listen to the conversation approaching.

"Blimey, don't be so silly! Of course she will."

"So you think the rumors are true then?" The first person questions.

"I would say so, she glances at you all the time in the Great Hall!" They are getting closer, and I can finally start making out who the voices belong to, and I am not content.

"I'll ask her during study hall today, she will be surprised no doubt don't you think Georgie?"

George replies, "yes Freddie, and no one can resist the Weasley Twins' charm." They both chuckle and by now they reach the spot under my tree.