Part 3-Chapter 47

Eyes closed, I think of what home feels like. I think of being surrounded by my friends, all smiling at me like one of their own. I think of magic and the thrill it gives me when I have complete control over it. My mind drifts to Fred and the way a simple look from him carves a smile onto my face without any way to stop it.

I picture what the Weasley's home would look like from how they all have described it, picturing one big, happy family. My body tingles from head to toe as I apparate across the vast ocean to finally reunite with those I care tremendously for. If my heart was still beating, it would be thumping out of my chest from excitement and nerves at this point. 

My feet land on top of a grassy field, and I gaze around before settling upon an odd yet quirky looking house. I immediately know I found my way to the burrow by the homey feel and can't help but feel like the Burrow describes the Weasley family so well and yet, I haven't even met three of the other siblings. 

Placing my never ending bag over my shoulder, I slowly walk towards the front door, anticipation coursing through my veins. I listen in to hear familiar voices, ones I haven't heard for so long but have missed dearly. 

Finally, I raise my hand to knock loudly on the wooden door. Footsteps make their way closer to me and the door opens to reveal Mrs. Weasley. Her eyes fill with recognition as she remembers me from the night at St. Mungos, "Come in, dear!" 

Thankful I don't have to worry about being asked to be invited into their home, I step through the doorframe. Not seeing any of my friends right away, I ask curiously, "Are they all here?"

Mrs. Weasley nods and begins to speak before a certain redhead pops up from his lying position on the couch, "Alexia?" His red eyes, from crying I assume, widen before he launches off the couch to run towards me. He opens his long arms wide as Mrs. Weasley moves out of the way in fear of being trampled on. I run into my friends arms, allowing him to scoop me up into the biggest hug.

Warmth consumes me as I tightly hold George without saying a word. After a long minute, we pull away to look at each other. I notice how much taller he has grown and how prominent his facial features are now, making him look much older. "You've changed a lot," I comment after taking in his appearance. 

"And you look the exact same as you did the last time I saw you." We both chuckle at this until he  yells out into the home, "Everyone come down now!"

Harry, Ron, and Hermione appear from the floor up as Ginny emerges from the room over. Pain is evident on all of their faces after the traumatic events but is momentarily gone as bright smiles appear. Their bodies rush forward, Ron being the slowest of course. We meet in a group hug as I hear footsteps coming down the wooden stairs. 

As I pull away from the four, Fred's confused face comes into sight, making my stomach tighten as he glances at the group hug. Harry steps out to the side, revealing my figure to Fred, and making his eyes do a double take. The corners of his lips curl upwards when our eyes meet. 

It seems like forever as he descends the stairs to meet me in the middle for a strong, heartfelt hug. His arms secure themselves around my waist as I snake mine around his neck, and I hear him take a deep breath as he whispers only for me to hear, "I missed you." Three simple words, yet they make my body fill with emotions. 

The hug is over all too soon, and I walk in front of everyone with a sheepish smile on my face, "Hi guys." They are all happy as I warmly greet them for the first time since I've walked through the door. 

Hermione excitedly asks, "How was America?"

George pipes in quickly before I can even answer, "It's been so long."