Chapter 66

Sorry for the longish wait! I've been sick while moving into my apartment at college, so it's been a crazy week. This did delay the release of the new book but don't worry, it's still happening soon (I'm just trying to write it out a bit more before I get swamped with work). 

Many onlookers loom over Fred's passed out figure, wondering when he is going to wake up. All unknowing to what I did, they all assume his body is still transitioning. 

George keeps asking me what happened, yet when I try to tell him, no words come out of my mouth since I'm struggling with registering what happened myself.

Denial fills my mind and the thought of the cure being gone forever weighs heavy on my shoulders. I try to shake it, especially when I hear commotion coming from outside. 

A student comes running into the Great Hall screaming in fear, "They're back!" The remaining members of the Order stand up straighter, already on alert and ready to retaliate if need be despite the energy being sucked from them all. 

People start making their way outside but Mr. and Mrs. Weasley look back at Fred's unmoving body, hesitant to leave him behind. I glance over at them and manage to find my words, "He will be fine in here and shouldn't wake up anytime soon." 

They pause, still unsure of what to do but ultimately follow the pack outside to protect the school. George stays by Fred's side on the ground and quietly speaks, "I still can't shake the image of him dead. The pain I felt...it was like nothing I've ever experienced before. Even though he's alive, I still feel like I'm mourning his death."

A tear makes its way down George's face and I can't help but empathize with his agony. "He's alive and will remain beside you like before." I offer my hand to him and pull him up. We look at Fred's peaceful face before walking outside. 

As we enter the rubble filled area, we notice Voldemort and his followers marching towards us. People fear the worst, knowing that if Harry succumbed to Voldemort then they would all be dead. 

Maneuvering my way around the debris, a book covered in dust catches my eye. I immediately stop in my place and crouch down to get a better look. A heavy layer of dust resides on top of the book, so I carefully brush away some of the dust. 

There lies a leather bound book with yellowing pages to show off its age. The pages are intact, so I lift the book up. My eyes close as I remember the feeling of carrying around my spell book at all times. 

George's voice appears above me, "What is that?"

My eyes open as I grip the leather book in my hands. I return back to standing and say, "Something I gave away a long time ago." 

A smile on my face, I gaze back down at my first spell book that Alina kept in her possession for the better part of her life. While there is a sense of relief and happiness that fills me, I also wonder what the book is doing appearing here at Hogwarts.

Before I can think up possibilities, Ginny questions, "Who is that Hagrid is carrying? Neville who is it?"

My face falls as I see Harry resting in Hagrid's arm, his limbs lying still and only moving at the will of Hagrid's steps. Hagrid's eyes remain in a state of upmost terror with widened eyes and beads of sweat trickling down his face. 

I look to the fallen hero who lost his battle with destiny. I know that it's up to me to finish what he started.

Voldemort steps forward to look at those remaining from war, "Harry Potter is dead!"

Ginny starts screaming and launches herself at Voldemort, but Mr. Weasley is quick to grab her arms. I feel for the girl as she attempts to break free from her restraints to see her loved one, but after a few seconds, she gives up to just let it all out. 

The Original Witchजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें