Chapter 16

I snap my head to look down at the ground of the owlery to find the source of the voice. 

I giggle a little at the sight of George Weasley waving his arm to greet me like a maniac with a huge smile on his face. I yell down, "Don't worry, I won't fall!"

"How did you manage to get all the way up there anyway?" His voice echoes within the tall structure and travels up towards where I am sitting.

A devilish smile forms on my lips, "I have my ways."  A few moments of silence pasts, neither of us calling out for the other. 

He is the first to speak, "You know, it is a little difficult to talk to you when you are 50 feet above me." Another uncontrollable smile appears on my face, and I wonder how this boy has made me smile more than anyone else in my whole lifetime as an immortal.

"Well then why don't you come up here then?" Knowing he won't be able to, he frowns slightly and takes a step forward, only to pout out his lips.

I roll my eyes but swing my right leg and body over to face George below. "How are you going to get down?" I smirk as I turn around and latch my hands on the ledge. I can hear the beat of his heart start to pick up as his breaths become more labored. Before he can fret, I am already on the ledge below the one I was previously on. I continue this until I get to the bottom ledge, 5 feet off the ground.

I kneel to offer my hand, which he gladly accepts. I return to my previous position and his mimics mine.

"Why did you come up here?" My green eyes meet his brown ones in an intense stare.

I break the contact as I look out at the half-crescent moon lighting the land below. My voice is soft as I reply "I needed to clear my head."

"Ah I see. I've been wanting to do the same."

My curiosity takes over as I give him a wondering look, "How come?"

He sighs, and I can tell he is slightly angered and frustrated by something. "I have been having a few...disagreements with my twin about some stuff going on." Immediately, I know I am the reason why there is tension between the two. The more I talk to his siblings, the more Fred lashes out against me. If he knew what was good for him, he would stop.

"Oh" I reply in a soft, knowing tone.

"How did you-"

I cut him off before he can finish his question. "I'm not oblivious George. I see the glares he throws my way constantly. I know he hates me."

"I don't know why he feels this way, it's so unlike him. He's usually so outgoing and friendly." I scoff at the last comment because I am well aware of that.

"yeah, he was quite the mate a few weeks back at the lake," I sarcastically say, recalling the words that have been embedded in my mind.

He looks away, "Well he was being a git by calling you rude and attempting to pick a fight." My eyes shift over as George thinks back to that day. Except, when I expect to see fury in his eyes, he only seems annoyed, and then I figure it out.

"He didn't tell you what happened did he?"

Confusion settles onto his face. "What do you mean?" Fred Weasley is too much of a coward since he obviously cannot stand by his own 'menacing' words.

"Don't worry about it, it's not important." With that I look back out at the night sky, not muttering another word about that arse.

I close my eyes, enjoying the breeze hitting my face. We stay like this for a few minutes, listening to the sounds around us.