Chapter 15

"You're wrong."

McGonagall's eyebrows raise, and I can tell she is trying to figure out why I would oppose her and also how I would have the facts to prove it. "Is that so?"

Trying to control myself , I nod my head evenly. I know it would be foolish to reveal myself, but people should know that they are wrong, that the books are wrong, that Maeve was wrong.

"Well, unless you can provide another name and evidence to prove it, my answer stays intact." She speaks in a stern voice, clearly not pleased about my outburst during her lesson.

I slightly avoid her question as I reply, "Professor...do you truly believe that the first person to ever use magic just happened to be a queen in the 1300s?"

She shifts slightly, eyeing me up and down. "I go by the books and the people who have passed down information."

I scoff as I shake my head, "There are other forms of magic you know that are so different than ours in many ways." I notice some people widen their eyes at the thought of a different type of magic and not just ours versus dark magic. I continue on, "They began practice during the times in Ancient Greece, so I would presume it to be unlikely that our form was born hundreds of years later."

People throughout the classroom, head cocked to the side, all seem to think about my point. McGonagall opens her mouth, then closes it. I smirk, knowing I have a point. "A name Miss Alexia."

Half lies come out of my mouth to protect myself while also making sure my name was known. "Did you know my name originated all the way back to the beginnings of the explorations of the new world? My parents named me after the maiden who sailed over to America. It was told that she had a daughter who passed down the spells and magical blood."

She seems speechless for a slight moment, but she recovers, "That is very interesting, but that appears more so as stories, not real life events."

I push once more since my personality is one where I have to prove I am right, "But don't you understand? That's all this is. We learn from stories since we don't have the capability to experience these determining events. Even if something did happen, it was passed down through the generations to get us back to this point. I don't have anything else to provide, but my answer still stands" My voice lowers towards the end as I slowly settle back into my seat.

McGonagall nods, acknoweleging my statement but does not pursue the topic any further. I wish I could give myself a name, but that would destroy the face I have built. She dismisses us and most students walk out in some sort of confused daze. I hear someone in Gryffindor say that I had a "Hermione moment."

"Alexia!" I hear a voice call for me from a distance, so I come to a stop. Turning around, I am met with Blaise Zabini from my house and one of Draco's best friends.

I make eye contact with Hermione standing nearby who glances over curiously. She offers a questioning look, and I shrug my shoulders slightly, but only she can tell.

"What do you need?" I loosely cross my arms and shift my weight over to one hip.

Clearing his throat he responds, "Malfoy has been looking for you." Before I can question why he managed not to come to class where he could have found my himself, Blaise speaks up, "He skipped class today to go into Hogsmeade to find dress robes and to plan something."

I assume Malfoy is wanting to ask me to the ball, so I lightly roll my eyes. By the way Blaise is talking, I know I am right. 

"No."

His eyes widen and his stern face falters. "What do you mean no?"

I sigh, "Look I know where this is going and my answer is no." 

"What about going just as friends though?"

I give him a look, "Do you really think he would actually want to go as friends?" Blaise looks away, "Sorry, I am not interested." He turns around and walks away to find the persistent boy. 

I don't despise Draco because I wouldn't have gone anywhere near him if I truly did, but I do not want to put up with his lame pickup lines all night long.

Since he decided to be so rude in bugging me about why I never kissed him again, he deserves to go to the dance with Pansy, who I bet is anxiously awaiting and also very persuasive.

Deciding to skip going to the Great Hall for dinner, I make my way towards the owlery. I have no business going there, but I want to escape for a little while. I quickly make my way to the top of the stairs, not wanting to waste anytime on humanly walking up the stairs. Some owls rest while other fly in the proximity, waiting for a treat or a letter to deliver. I glance up to the highest opening and jump up.

My legs dangle on either side of the stone while I lean back against the curve of the opening. I close my eyes and listen to the sounds of the numerous owls below.

Sometimes we all need a little break from our world. Mine has become overflowing with emotions and I can't place a finger on why. A part of me wants to just abandon my plan, lock Niklaus in a casket, and drop him in the middle of the ocean where he will experience death over and over again. Harsh and brutal but fitting. 

Another part wants me to stay here because for some reason I have a feeling that there is another purpose for me being here. I'm angry at my father, my brother, and my whole entire family but at the same time, I am somewhat pleased to be here at Hogwarts.

I turned my emotions off a long time ago and that is not going to change because if I do turn them back on, the pain would be unbearable. It would make me weak.

But I want to feel something. I'm just not entirely sure if I want to experience the thrills of claiming revenge or if I may want to find someone to be there for me like my family, and Elliot, never were. I know it is impossible though because who could love someone as ruthless and unforgiving as myself?

The closest person who has come to being that person for me, as a friend, is Katerina. She looks out for herself though. She only helps me because she knows I can end her in an instant. 

My next few words whispered out are carried away by the wind, "Always and forever." I want to laugh at how naive I was with my family before everything broke apart for eternity. We always told each other we would be there always and forever as a family. Forever doesn't seem so long now.

"Be careful not to fall, it's a long way down!"

Thank you so much for the votes! I am done with midterms finally and somewhat survived. Currently updating from Mexico for Spring Break, so I will do my best to update!