Chapter 57

So guess who was a dumbass and left her laptop at home during her trip? Me!! Try doing homework assignments on your phone...not a fun experience. I realize now reading back how awful the last chapter was (I apologize for that), but fear not-its gonna pick up these next few chapters.

"I'm sorry."

Fred's voice follows me as I grab a few of my belongings around the apartment, yet I choose to ignore. This seems to go on for a full minute until he lets out a dramatic groan, "Oh come on, I said I'm sorry for what happened last week!"

Truth be told, I got over his little prank to prove a point a while ago, but it's fun to watch him squirm. I've been wanting to crack and talk to him the past few days, but I've been preoccupied with Elliot.

Elliot and I have spent every moment we could together, but he's been disappearing lately to who knows where and won't tell me anything about it. Something seems unusual about his behavior, yet when we are together, I push all those thoughts aside.

My heart has grown fond of his charming manners, but even though I don't want to admit it yet, I know deep down that something is wrong. Stuck in the midst of conflicting thoughts, I have lost all clarity.

The sound of Fred's voice pulls me from my thoughts, "Are you at least coming with us to Shell Cottage later for lunch?"

Bill and Fleur got in touch with the twins finally and invited us over. While we are all pretending it's to enjoy each other's company, we also know that we have to discuss the war that could spark any day now.

Once I collect everything I need, I turn towards an expectant Fred, "Yes, but I'm going to go get Elliot now so he can meet them."

Fred's face falls as the words leave my mouth and I want to hit myself for acting so nonchalant about this. Before I leave I offer up two words that brighten his mood and return some of the hope to his eyes, "You're forgiven." He smiles at this, the guilt retreating from his body.

I leave a grinning Fred as I exit the apartment and apparate to Elliot's flat. My hand raises to knock lightly, and Elliot opens the door in a second with a warm smile.

As I walk through the door, I lean up to briefly peck him on the lips in greeting.

"So what's the plan for today, my love?"

Elliot leans against the kitchen counter with a curious look on his face. I walk forward, "Well, I was thinking you could meet Bill and Fleur." Recognition floods his eyes when I mentions their names since I gave him a full run down on everyone in my life.

"I would really like that." His tone is warm as he reaches out to grab my hand, happy to be more involved in my life. All thoughts about his abnormal behavior flees. His eyes then trail down his body, "I should probably take a shower real quick so I look presentable."

Not really wanting to be late I say, "You always look presentable." He raises his eyebrows, gesturing up towards his disheveled hair, causing me to chuckle. "Okay but be quick!"

Elliot nods and rushes towards his bedroom. I sit down on a stool as I hear the shower start running. I glance down at my hands, realizing that some nerves are creeping up on me. I can't tell if I'm anxious about Elliot getting to know my friends or if Elliot is the direct cause.

I look up when I hear Elliot walk back in with a towel wrapped around his waist. No matter my subconscious thoughts about his character, I do have to admit how attractive he is, especially in this modern era.

Elliot smirks with his eyes trained on something, until I realize I was biting my lip as I was checking him out. Not really caring that I was caught, I remind him we have someplace to be, "What are you doing standing around in a towel? Get some clothes on!"