Chapter 14

The spell was done and then the original family formed.

No one expected the constant thirst or the hunger to kill. No one expected me to give into the temptation every single day.

I was the frail, naive one of the family, alongside my sister Rebekah.

But because of them, I reveled in the satisfaction of draining my prey of blood.

I enjoyed the moment when their bodies fell limp and the ache in the back of my throat diminished.

"Please stop! Don't kill me!" The girl shrieked and begged me to stop, but I couldn't even if I wanted to. This new feelings of vampirism haunted and controlled me. 

She made me want to kill her. She feared the way my face formed into one of a monster, with teeth barring at her ready for more blood and black veins under my eyes. She cowered, her back against the tree with no where else to run.

"I beg you, you don't have to do this!"

My face returned back to its normal state, eyes no longer looking demon like, no more veins underneath my eyes, no more prominent teeth. "You're right..." She let out a sigh of relief, glad she got through to me. It was still for a moment since she was unsure of what to do next.

She let out another scream when I lunged at her and bit down into her neck. Before she was dead, I pulled back and stated, "I don't have to... I want to." Her life was draining, soon to be gone, which seemed to have sparked something in her because before I knew it, my head was pounding.

I grasped my head with both my hands and collapsed to the ground, unsure of the sharp feeling in my head. A pop occurred, then it healed but replaced by another. The pain was unbearable and unwavering. I had never felt so vulnerable in my entire life.

She wasn't letting up, in fear that I was angry now and wanting desperately to end her life. My brain seemed to not work, not allowing me to get up and run.

What do I do?

No idea came to mind since normally I was the superior. I was the vampire. It wasn't difficult to come to the conclusion that the young was a witch, just like mother. I thought they were inferior in every way.

Suddenly, I felt a tingling sensation that started in my shoulder, slowly moving down to the tips of my fingers, which were curled around the curves of my head. My right hand seemed to be freed from my hair and pointed out towards her.

"Stupefy!"

The witch flew back, her spine cracking against the hard bark of the tree where I had previously cornered her. The pain subsided as she dropped to the ground dead.

Relieved from the terrorizing pain, I sat back and stared dumfounded at my hand. What just happened?

Surely that wasn't me...right?

Once filled with confidence and fearlessness, my head swarmed with questions and doubt. I don't even know the word stupefy or what language it is or what it does. My brain almost returned to its previous state of pain because I had no answers.

I was no witch like the girl, I am a vampire and vampires cannot posses their powers. It wasn't even along the same lines as to what they do with their candles and incantations.

I was just an ordinary girl before this.

I was just someone wanting to find love.