Chapter 62

20k reads...thank you guys so much!!

I wake up with a sense of security as I feel Fred's arms latched around my torso tightly. I allow a deep breath to fill my lungs before I slowly start moving. Careful not to disturb him, I slide out from underneath his grasp.

My hands search the room until my fingers find my oversized sleeping shirt laying at the foot of the bed. Slipping the shirt on, I make my way towards the kitchen where I am met with a knowing George.

Coffee mug in hand and raised beneath his lips, he tauntingly asks me, "Fun night?"

I roll my eyes, expecting this type of reaction from him. "Fun is my middle name, remember?"

He pretends to think for a moment, "Alexia Fun Mikaelson." I quirk my eyebrow lightly at this before he shakes his head, "Yeah no, that doesn't roll off the tongue. Try again."

I shove him playfully, forcing some of the coffee to fall onto his shirt. With an innocent look on my face I raise my arms, "Oops." 

George pretends to glare at me, seemingly furious at me spilling the coffee onto his shirt. "Look what you've done! It's ruined!"

"You are such a drama queen sometimes." He gives me a look, so I scoff, "Fine, drama king." 

Satisfied with my correction, he places his coffee mug down on the table. I speak up again, changing the subject, "Have you talked to Angelina yet?"

A pause fills the room, and a look of regret dawns on George's face. "I haven't yet...I still feel like it's too soon. The timing seems off."

"I am probably the last person to give advice on love and feelings right now, but there is no better time than now. War is coming so tell her before it's too late."

Hope appears on his face when he hears my advice, "You're right."

I shrug, "I'm never wrong."

George nods, too excited to challenge me about always being right. A sudden look of determination floods his face, "I'm going to go talk to her now!"

My eyes glance over to the clock to see it's only 9am, but I decide to let it go. 

George begins to leave in a hurry, but this time I do speak up, "Just a suggestion, but maybe you should change first."

I peer at his pajamas that now have a large coffee stain on them. George stops in his place and follows my eyes downward, "Good point." 

He marches to his room and comes out a minute later looking much more presentable. I offer him a thumbs up as he walks out the door to find the love of his life. 

Deciding to change as well, I end up leaving the apartment since I really need to feed and I would rather do so before Fred wakes up. 

I walk down the deserted alleyway and find a random person walking with his head down. This man seems to be the only one in Diagon Alley today. Wanting to make this quick and easy, I pull the man towards me and compel him, "Stay quiet and don't move."

With that, I feed until the ache in the back of my throat subdues. "This never happened." The man continues on his way, scurrying off to wherever he was intent on going earlier. Everyone has been acting strange recently anyways, so I think nothing of it.

Not wanting to stay by myself in the cool air, I start walking back without any rush.

As I approach the shop, a loud crash echoes in the alley. Confused about the noise, I run into the joke shop to see numerous products scattered all over the floor.