Chapter 41

Wow 10k reads-thank you so much you guys! I was out of the country this past week with no wifi but here is a new chapter. Like I said previously, this portion of the book will not be super long (probably 5ish chapters and I'll try to update everyday).Soon it will be the final part: Part 3! Please continue to vote and comment!

Being back in America yet again is strange, especially since I am returning for different reasons. I know I want to see Katerina, but I can assume she has distanced herself from Niklaus while also staying close enough to stay in the loop.

Before she left town, she did fill me in on the Salvatore brothers, Elena and other Mystic Falls inhabitants. They already have dealt with half of my siblings, but have yet to meet Kol, Finn, or me.

They understand the darkness in Niklaus and his monstrous ways, especially since when he killed numerous of their friends and family to break his hybrid curse.

They don't even know I exist, which gives me a few days to have fun before people are back to fearing me.

While it was my choice to come here, I hold resentment towards my family for making me abandon my happiness yet again. I know it is only a matter of time before Mother shows us her true colors and I can return to my friends again. I will return to Hogwarts nevertheless since I can still create my weapon to destroy Niklaus. For the time being though, I have to push away my feelings for my friends overseas because I need to make sure I can actually stay alive. I will write them all once I feel safe but for now, they are only a distant memory.

Elijah has been attempting to reach out to me since we have returned to Mystic Falls, but I need a few days to myself before we all come together again for yet another social event at our new house, which I am currently avoiding and can't call home just yet.

Here I am again, back to my devising mindset. The next two days I plan to form some alliances with those who are against my brother, so I have to portray myself first as Alexia, not Alexia Mikaelson. I guess in retrospect, this was what I did in Hogwarts initially, but this time its on a whole new level.

Making sure to be hidden from my siblings, I walk over to the Mystic Grill. This seems to be the meeting place for everyone here, and I realize this when I see Damon, Stefan, Elena and Caroline sitting at a table towards the far side of the room.

I send a sly smile to the dark hair, blue eyed Salvator brother as I take a seat at the bar, crossing my right leg over my left and resting my elbows on the counter. The bar tender takes my order and soon I have a glass of Bourbon in front of me.

While I take a few sips of the hard liquor, I briefly glance over at the table where the ones sided against my brother are sitting. No one thinks anything of my glance as they get up to leave, which is a nice change for once. I almost miss being normal. My eyes linger for a moment, admiring their close knit friendship that reminds me of my own back at Hogwarts but shake the thought immediately, knowing that forgetting them for now is best for all of us.

Instead I let my eyes revert back to my glass of alcohol, raising my hand to take another sip, enjoying the burning sensation as the liquor ran down the back of my throat.

I lower my glass when I notice someone sit down next to me and look out of the corner of my eye to see the dark haired Damon Salvatore. The corner of his lips pull upward into a smirk as his eyes look me up and down in one motion, "Leather jacket and Bourbon? You must be a female version of me. I'm Damon."

I nod my head in response as he orders a Bourbon neat as well, fixing his own black leather jacket. My tone holds mystery to it when I say, "We probably have more in common than what meets the eye."