CHAPTER SIX

A/N: i apologize in advance for all the times i spell "definitely" as "deffidently" for the next 40 chapters because for some reason thats how I thought it was spelled omg

follow me on twitter if you'd like :) @whirwin

-

The next day, it was periods 1, 3, and 5 (all six periods are on mondays and then it switches off between 1-3-5 and 2-4-6 the rest of the days). Last night I had gotten all my makeup work done and even started unpacking. I was in the car with my mother, texting my a couple of my friends from Orange County. I missed them all already, and I would diffidently make time to visit them soon.

"Alright, second day!" My mother exclaimed as we pulled to the front of Palo Verde. I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and opened the door and stepped outside. I still wasn't used to this hot dry climate; it was so different from Orange County's cool, beachy, California weather. Today I wore a pair of jean shorts and a white flowy top with my hair in a side braid. I decided to just ignore all the heat and I would soon become used to it. I walked into the courtyard to see Amanda and Jessie standing towards the middle. I went over and they greeted me with a hug. "How was your first night?" Jessie half-jokingly asked. "Haha it was good! Thank God I have air condtioning." I replied

"Ooooh yeah, good thing you do. Good thing we all do." Amanda remarked.

"What classes do you got today?" Jessie asked.

"Art, spanish, chem."

"Ooooh, any cute guys?"

I thought about that a moment. I didn't really pay attention at all yesterday to whether there were cute guys in any of my classes. I decided I would do a little bit of scoping for them today.

The bell soon rang, and I quickly made my way to art and I was one of the first to be there. Miss Hullen opened the door and I quickly took my seat. The other kids at my table took their seats and of course Ashton was the last to walk through the door. He sat down right as the bell rang. Must be a new record I thought to myself.

"Alrighty class, today we're going to start project #7, Self Portraits. Yesterday we went over the basics, now i want to see what you guys can do. So, the prompt is to draw a picture of someone that you look up to, whether it be a celebrity, friend, or a parent."

I heard a heavy sigh come from across the table, which I chose to ignore. Who could I draw? I could do my mother or father, I really look up to them? But I could tell that people would all be doing their parents, so I decided to draw Rose from my all time favorite movie, "The Titanic". I couldn't really think of anyone else. Ms. Hullen dismissed us to get sarted.

The next hour was actually quite relaxing. Just me and my pencil, which is what I enjoyed a lot. I got a lot of my Rose Dawson done, all I really had to do shading and the ears. I decided to give the ears a try, because I'm not the best them. I started to make the basic shape, and I could tell these were going to be horrible.

I started to earse them and then I heard a low chuckle across the table from me. I look up to see Ashton looking at my paper, laughing? I was a little embarrassed, a little bit mad. I know this boy kind of intimidated me, but I'm a woman of my words, and I decided to say something.

"What?" I snapped.

"Your work sucks." He said nonchalantly. As if he was so used top putting people down.

"Oh yeah?" I said back. "And how good is yours-" my voice stopped when I looked down at his paper. I wasn't sure who he was drawing, but it was absolutely perfect. It litrally looked like a black and white photograph. The facial features, the hair, the shading. I was honestly blown away by that someone like him couldn't have done that.