CHAPTER FIFTY TWO

"I need details on this whole job thing." I said as Ashton and I walked into my bedroom. I threw my bag onto the floor and crashed ontop of my bed, patting the spot across from me so Ashton could join me. I was more than happy that Ashton got this job, because there's so much this boy needs, besides just a house. A lot of things his Grandmother couldn't get on her own.

"There isn't much to it," Ashton repiled, settling down. "They just called me and said I've got the job, and my first day is Saturday."

I could tell Ashton was staying calm, but his eyes told me this was the happiest he's been in a while. His smiles were more brighter and cheerful than the usual bright and cheerful. "Awww," I said with a smile. "My baby is growing up."

"I'm your baby?" He asked.

"Of course you're my baby." I replied, scooting closer to him. I leaned into him, kissing his pink lips softly. I felt his lips curl into a smile, and I felt his hands come up to my cheeks, cupping my face.

"It's all because of you," He said quietly. "Thank you."

"It was no problem, Ash." I replied, letting my lips part from his. He put on a fake pouty face, and I laughed with him and kissed him once more.

"Oh shit!" Ashton laughed, pulling me onto his lap, making me let out a scream as he rolled our bodies over. My back came into contact with the bed, and I stared up at Ashton. He lured over me, his hazel eyes squinted and his arms on either side of me.

"You're mine, prisoner." He chuckled.

"What are you gonna do?" I joked, raisng an eyebrow at him. He went down to his fore arms, so our chests touched and our noses lightly brushed one another.

"I don't know," he said. "Something terrible."

"Don't make me tickle you again." I replied with a giggle.

"You wouldn't fucking dare."

"Try me."

"Oh, I don't know if thats such a good idea." Ashton smirked, laying his lips ontop of mine. I felt his hand softly graze over my thigh, and I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling his body even closer to mine. A smile crept on my face as I opened my mouth, letting Ashton's tongue do whatever. His hips slowly rocked into me, his hands slowly searching my mine, intertwining our fingers together. His tongue tasted of smoke and peppermint, and it only made me want more-

"Well wait a minute," Ashton interrupted my thoughts. I groaned as he took his lips away from me. "Isn't your like, mom home?"

"Shit, you're right." I said, remembering my mom and little brother are probably down stairs.

"We'll continue this later." Ashton winked, slinding his body off of mine.

"Should we do math now?" I laughed, sitting up to face him. I pulled my messy hair onto one side, draping it over my left shoulder. Ashton's body slumped, and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Do we have to?" He asked.

"Well what else are we gonna do besides make out?"

"Thats true," Ashton replied. "But I don't wanna!"

"C'mon!" I said. "Don't you need your grades up?"

"Grade." Ashton said, emphasizing on the "de" sound at the end of his words. "At least, I think thats the only grade I need to get up."

I titled my head to the side, and curiosity took over me. "What are your grades? I'm just wondering." I said to him. Ashton just shrugged and wiped his glasses down with his sleeve.

"I haven't checked once this year, actually." He laughed, sticking his glasses back into place. My eyes widened. "Really?" I asked. "Not once?"

"Nope. I don't own a computer, you know."

"Would you like to check?" I asked. I have no problem with him using my laptop of phone or something.

"Yeah, that'd probably be a good idea." He laughed. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and handed it to him.

"Thanks lovey." He smiled, sliding his finger across the screen to unlocking it. I watched him as his eyes shone through is glasses, staring down at the screen. "What the hell this key board sucks." He said, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Maybe your fingers are too big?" I joked.

"You're probably right." Ashton laughed, his eyes squinting. A couple minutes went by and I continued to just look at him,

"Hey I remember my password," He remarked, somewhat to himself. "Okay lets see. I have a 98% in art, 97% in history, 75% geometry, 98% in spanish, then I have a free period, and then a 100% in english."

"100?!" I asked, my eyes widening. Ashton nodded, and handed my phone back to him. "Well shit, how do you do that?"

"I don't know, I like the subject," He replied. "What do you have?"

"Like, a 95."

"Brooke that's fucking amazing," He assured. "Don't worry about it."

"Alright alright," I laughed. "Shall we do geometry now?" I reached down off the bed to get my bag off of the floor. I glanced back over to Ashton, but he was busy cleaning his glasses again with his sleeve. He really did look cute today, I must say. I rumaged through my bag to take out a pencil.

"Hey," He said to break the breif silence. "I have a question."

"Yes?" I replied.

"How are things...?" His voice trailed off and he raised his eyebrows. I shot him a confused look, and his eyes darted towards the door.

"Oh," I said, catching on. "With my mom?"

"Yeah. Or, your parents in general." He replied. I was quiet, my eyes glued to his. I pursed my lips and shrugged. "Pretty awkward." I finally said, quiter than before.

"Still?"

"Yeah, unfortunately."

I was about to say something else to keep this conversation going, but I was interrupted from my mother's voice downstairs. "Brooke!" she called.

"Yes?" I called back.

"Come help me put away these groceries!"

I was about to tell her I was busy, but I really didn't feel like doing geometry either at this point, now that we've moved past that conversation reguarding grades and such.

"Can you come with me?" I looked over to Ashton, my voice full of hidden desperation. Ashton nodded, and took my hand in his as we walked down the stairs in silence. I heard rustling bags and closing cabinets coming from the kitchen. "Mom," I heard my little brother's voice as well. "What years did the 12th dynasty in ancient Egypt go from?"

"Honey how should I know that?" was my mother's reply.

"2055 to 1786 B.C." Ashton said as we walked into the kitchen. I looked over at him, surprised and I could tell everyone else was too. I let go of his hand and walked over to the counter to help my mom. Ashton sat down at the kitchen table, across from my brother. "Remember?" he kept talking. "When Mentuhotep IV was assassinated? And then the throne was passed onto his chief minister who became King Amenemhet I?"

"Oh," my brother replied. "Thanks."

"How did you know that?" I asked, pulling a couple apples out of the bag I was holding.

"It was in a book I read once." He shrugged."And I guess I remember it because I didn't think it was really fair. You know, killing someone and then starting a whole new dynasty and what not."

I looked over at my mom, who looked at him with an impressed look on her face. She walked over to the refridgerator, and Ashton's eyes followed her. It was as if he was inspecting her every move. "Whats that?" He asked. I looked over to my mother's shin, a huge blue bruise in the middle of it. Ashton's tone of voice was weird, and the look in his eyes just screamed "worried"

"Oh, this?" My mom laughed. "Its nothing! Just wasn't watching where I was going and ran into the coffee table."

I felt my eyebrows furrow, because she's told me those words before. "Banging it on the coffee table", I mean.

My eyes shot over to Ashton, who just nodded slowly. "Hate it when that happens." He said casually. My mother looked down to the floor, and didn't say anything.

The air grew very quiet, weird, and uncomfortable. I kept looking at Ashton, but his eyes seemed to be stuck to my mother. I wanted to scream, for some reason, but I didn't.

I threw the last items I posessed into a cabinet and took Ashton by the hand. "Well it was nice talking to you all." I mumbled.

"Have a good rest of your day." Ashton said to my mom as I pulled him out of the kitchen. I hurried up the stairs, not taking much thought in Ashton telling me to slow down. I pushed into my room, spinning around to face him.

"What the hell was that?" I asked angrily.

"What do you mean?" Ashton said, his eyes widening ever so slightly.

"That!" I said, gesticulating my arms.

"I was just wondering," Ashton replied calmly. "Is there something wrong with that?"

I was about to say yes, there is, my I seemed to stop myself. My gaze fell onto the floor, as my mind whirled. There actually isn't anything wrong with that, and I don't know why I just got so defensive over nothing.

"No," I said quietly. "No there isn't. I'm sorry." I saw his body shift awkwardly out of the corner of my eyes. His hand came to my chin, tilting my head up to face his. His head was tilted a little bit to the left, and his eyes were full of consideration and worry.

"Hey," he said. "It's alright."

I sighed, and moved my body to his, letting my head rest in the crook of his neck while I breathed in his wonderful scent. I felt his arms wrap around me, and his chin rest ontop of my head as we just stood there in silence.

"I don't want to math." I finally said, followed by a laugh.

"I don't thin anyone wants to do math," Ashton replied. I looked up to him, and our lips came into contact once again. "Lets go get milkshakes."