CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

It was already friday, and I was happy it was the weekend in only a couple hours. This week has gone by so fucking fast. I guess it was because Ashton was back from suspension. I had a class with him everyday, and I loved it. Art was 20 times more fun when he was there because he always got in little arguements with Ms. Hullen because he always corrected her on the lessons she taught. It was amusing to watch, and we would always laugh with eachother across the table. Not to mention, it was entertaining to just watch him draw and paint and all that stuff, because he was absolutely incredible at it. I know, I say that a lot, but its very true. 

Even though Jessie was in the same English class as Ashton and I, it was actually very easy to communicate with Ashton from where we both sat. I've noticed over the past week that Ashton is actually very entertaining to watch during english. I found myself just staring at him so many times. He would always be slumped in his chair, his head resting on his hands as they were propped up on the desk by his elbow. His left foot seemed to always be tapping nervously, and sometimes he would tap his fingers on the desktop and make up a beat on the spot. I don't think he thought anyone was looking at him, but I sure was. 

He also always got so into the books he read when Mr. Perkins gave us free time to read whatever we wanted. He would always have his eyebrows furrowed, his hazel eyes moving at the speed of lightning across the page. Sometimes he would let out a quiet gasp when something happened in the story he was reading, and he would look genuinely worried while his eyes were still glued to the page. It was adorable.

The bell finally rang, and I waited for Jessie as we packed up all of our stuff.

*Ashton's POV*

I was surprised that it was already 6th period on a Friday. Thank god, I could really go for just going home right now. I thought this week was gonna be hell because I was so far behind in my work, but it was actually no that bad. I don't know, maybe it was because I had a class with Brooke everyday. I liked that a lot, because Art and English seemed to be 20 times more fun than I already thought they were.

I don't mean to be creepy, but I can't help but stare at Brooke sometimes during class. Like, my eyes are just attached to her during the two periods we shared together. Theres a lot of little things I've come to notice about her. Like, the way she always tucks her long brown hair behind her ears when she's trying to listen to Ms. Hullen's lessons. Or when she pickes at her fingernails when she grows bored of whatever we were doing.

Same thing goes for English. I don't mean to stare, but I do. I like the way she always gets so paniced when she doesn't understand something Mr. Perkins is teaching and she looks at me for help. Or when she raises her eyebrows and gets an excited look on her face when she gets the correct answer while we go over homework. God she's so pretty.

"Have a good weekend, class." Mr. Perkins said when the bell rang. I sighed a sigh of relief and pulled my backpack over my shoulder. I walked out of the classroom only about 5 feet behind Brooke and Jessie. Fucking Jessie ruins everything. I laughed to myself, because I haven't talked to her for 2 years.

"When's your date with Luke?" I heard Brooke's voice. I looked up from the ground I was staring at, and put my attention to their conversation.

"Saturday!" Jessie said happily. Wow, what a first.

"Ahh have fun!" Brooke said to her.

"Thank you," Jessie replied. "I'll text you and tell how it goes, okay?" 

"Deffidently!" Brooke said. They both said goodbye to eachother, and Jessie walked off. Brooke instantly turned around to find me, and my heart race sped up.

"Hellooo." she said happly as she took my hand. I wrapped my fingers around hers and we walked to find Michael. I looked over to the tree, and saw him, along with Calum, Natalie, and a girl I think was Sydney, the one that he hooked up with last weekend.