CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE

"I've never cared about any of you," my father bellowed. Here we go again. "I don't give a fuck about you, or esecially you." his dark eyes shot over to me, and my small and innocent self didn't know what else to do except stumble backwards.

"I know," I squeaked. My mother looked over to me, tears filling her eyes. Well, I can't back out now. "I never cared about you either."

"Ashton," my mother said. "Don't be so mean to your father like that."

That made my heart shatter. Not only did that make no sense to me, but it made me question what exactly my mum thought she was doing. Of course she wanted me to say something back; I could tell by the way she looked at me. But...why get upset with me?

"I'm... I'm sorry..." my fearful voice trailed off and I looked down to the floor.

"Yeah. You should be." My father spat. He took another drink from his booze and laughed. His laugh was what I pictured the Devil's laugh to sound like. Cold, hearltess, bloodcurtling, and inescapable-

"Ashton." Brooke's beautiful voice interrupted my thoughts. I blinked and looked over at her, and I totally forgot we've probably been sitting in my imobile car for 6 minutes. Class had finally ended, and after my intensely uncomfortable argument with Jessie, I made no hesitation to grab Brooke and get out of that fucking school as soon as the bell had rang.

I looked over to her, and she had the most concerened look on her face. "I'm sorry...for that." I said, my gaze dropping to my sweaty hands. "I didn't mean to metaphorically put you on the spot like that."

Brooke let out a little laugh, and it was adorable. "Metaphorically put me on the spot?" she giggled.

"Well...yeah..." I said. I would've thought she would be pissed as fuck at me.

"Well, don't be sorry!" She assured, laying a light hand on my shoulder. "I thought it was pretty brave of you, to talk to her like that. And, I think we really showed her up, dontcha think?"

I thought about it, and I guess Brooke was right. Jessie looked pretty mortified at us, and I recognized that look she had in her eyes; she used to use it on me all the time. The look that said 'shit, I don't know what to say back to that.'

"Yeah, I guess we did." I smiled, looking over to her. She blinked slowly at me, her perfect eyes full of affection. I could tell mine were probably the same way.

"If we can show Jessie up, then we can do the same to whoever else wants to try and come between us, right?" she asked.

"Of course," I replied. I leaned over, and locked my lips softly with hers. Her lips were so soft, and everytime we seemed to kiss, the more I seemed to fall for her. "If it ends up being you and me against the world, then so be it."

"You and me." she repeated, an intamite smile on her face. I reached over and intertwined our fingers together.

"You and me."

...

"Are you coming over tonight?" Michael said over the phone. I had driven Brooke home for some reason (her mom wanted her home and niether of us knew why) and so now I was just chilling on the couch, drawing tattoo ideas in my sketchbook. I remembered that Luke was coming over as well tonight, and excitement and anxiousness bubbled in my stomach.

"Yeah," I replied. "With Luke."

"Fuck I forgot about that." He muttered.

"Hey," I said. "Give him a chance, will you?"

"I am! I just don't want to."

"Okay, well I'll be over soon," I replied. "Make sure theres beer and weed when we get there."

With that, I hung up and got up, throwing a shirt over my head and tying the laces of my shoes. I snatched my phone off the couch and scrolled down to Luke's contact I somehow got. I asked him to send me his address, and I told Brooke I'm gonna pick her up on the way. I said goodbye to my Grandma, and walked out to my car. Fuck, it was really hot out tonight.

*Brooke's POV*

"Are you going out tonight?" my mom asked as I walked downstairs. My hair was brushed and my makeup was reapplied, so it was probably obvious I was going out.

"Yeah." I replied, fixing my hair in the window above the sink. I turned around to face her, and her eyes widened.

"Are you wearing eyeliner?" She asked. I had put on just a little bit of eyeshadow over my eyelids, like Natalie had told me too. It really wasn't that heavy at all.

"Yes..." my voice trailed off. "Is that a problem?"

"What? No!" My mom assured, although her voice didn't sound too convincing. "It looks pretty!"

"Well, thank you." I replied with a smile. Things still weren't comfortable around my mom. I seemed to get so many weird vibes from her whenever we talked to eachother. I hated it. I looked to the clock to see it was 6:30; Ashton should be here by now.

"I'm gonna go wait outside," I said to my mom. "I'll be back soon."

"Who are you going to be with?" she asked me.

"Ashton," I replied. "And some other friends." I thought about how I'll probably end up spending the night in Michael's guest room again. "And uh, I'll probably spend the night at Natalie's." I lied.

"Well alright, tell Ashton I say hello." she smiled. By the tone of her voice, I could tell she actually meant that.

"Do you like Ashton, mom?" I asked before walked out of the kitchen.

"Yes, I actually do!" my mother said. "He's a very polite boy, and I love the way he seems to look at you." She finished with a heartfull smile, and I smiled back. It made me happy to hear her say those words.

I said goodbye for now, and walked out to the garage. I was surprised to see the garage door open, and Ashton's red truck parked at the curb. In the driveway, I saw Ashton and my little brother, and I stood there in confusion. Ashton wore black skinny jeans, a tanktop with some band on it, and a dark red beanie pulling his brown hair back. He was on my little brother's skateboard, popping a wheelie and wobbling to keep his balance after he landed it.

"Yes!" He laughed.

"How do you do that?!" My brother asked, obviously impressed.

"Practice, mate." Ashton smiled.

"I can't even do an ollie." My brother said as Ashton rolled it over to him. He rolled it over to Ashton once again, and Ashton took it under his feet.

"You can't?" He asked. "Here, you just-"

He pushed off against the ground, making him and the skateboard roll around a big circle around my driveway. I watched in awe, because I didn't know he could skate, and he looked really fucking hot doing it.

"-Ride, and then you put your back foot here, and your front foot here, and you just..."

Ashton brought his legs up, popping the board up with him, making a perfect hop, about 5 feet off the ground. His muscles shone as his arms were stuck out to keep his balance in the air. I felt my eyes widen as he landed it right on spot.

"Woah." My brother breathed. "I wish I could do that.

"Just practice!" Ashton said happily. "But here," He reached down to the ground and picked up my brother's helmet. "I would wear one of these." He placed on my brother's head, and patted his hand on it lightly, making my brother laugh.

I walked out to the driveway, a warm feeling in my heart. That was really adorable, I must say. I cleared my throat, and Ashton whipped his head around. His face lit up as I came up next to him. "That's enough, Steven." I said.

"Sorry, I was getting carried away." Ashton laughed as he brought his arm around my waist. I chuckled and softly kissed his cheek.

"How can you like my sister?" My brother said. Ashton laughed and brought his arm tighter around my waist.

"I don't know," He said, looking down to me with a sloppy smile. "I guess she makes me really happy."

I looked into his eyes, and for a second I seemed to be lost in them. The setting sun made the hazel in his eyes glow like forest fires. The slight appearance of his dimples and the content smile on his face made him look so young and innocent, yet so like himself at the same time. I didn't even realize my little brother was still here, probably feeling very awkward.

I blinked quickly and looked over to him. "Why don't you go inside?" I snapped. Steven rolled his eyes and picked up his skateboard. "Bye Ashton!" He called over his shoulder.

"See ya!" Ashton said back. I looked back over to me and chuckled.

"I think he likes you." I giggled, pressing my chest to his. I leaned up and connected our lips together again, and I felt his hands wrap around my waist. Ashton chuckled and softly bit my bottom lip, pushing his tongue into my mouth. My eyes shot open as I felt my feet lift off the ground.

"Ashton!" I screamed. His adorable laugh echoed through my ears as his strong arms seemed to make me fly. I quickly wrapped my legs around his waist as he spun us around, my forehead against his and our eyes looking into eachother. His hands slid down my back and to my ass to keep me up.

"C'mon," he smiled, kissing me softly once again. "Lets go fuck shit up."

A/N: Thank you so much for 20,000 reads! holy shit you guys thats fucking amazing. When I started the fic I never thought so many people would read it and tweet me and talk about it! it means a lot :) Also, I might add a couple fillers here and there, but some really intense shit is coming your way, so stay tuned :---)

if you ever want to tweet me and tell me your thoughts or just wanna cry bc ashton irwin exists, feel free to chat with me bc i love you all xxx @whirwin