CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

Before I knew it, the lunch bell had rang. I sighed as I walked out of 4th period, because I had to go talk to my chemistry teacher to switch my seats. I walked out to the courtyard to find one of my friends to come with me. I looked to our usual spots and saw Jessie's blonde pony tail.

"Jess!" I called out. She turned, and smiled while she waved me over. "Can you come with me?" I asked.

"Sure!" She replied. "Wait, where?" 

"I wanna change my seat in chemistry."

"OOOOH yeah, thats probably a good idea."

We walked off, towards my chem class. We walked in silence for a little while. "Brooke, oh my God I forgot to tell you!" Jessie finally spoke up.

"What?" I asked.

"Guess who Luke asked out!"

"You?"

"YES."

My eyes widened slightly and my heart sank. Luke was Nick's best friend, wouldn't that be a little awkward? Then again, Luke's really nice and I can see why Jessie would be excited to go on a date with him.

"Oh my God, Jessie!" I said excitedly. "Where you guys going?"

"Ummm I think to a movie," Jessie replied. "Ever since Nick's party, we couldn't stop texting eachother. Then during passing period today, he just came up to me and asked me out!"

"I'm so happy for you!" I smiled. I hoped to God that if they were to become something more than just dating, then it wouldn't bring me and Nick closer together at any time. We kept walking and she told me more about Luke. I learned that he likes to sing and play guitar and he's a not so good student. He sounded like a good person for Jessie. 

We finally made it to my chem class, and I pushed the door open. My chemistry teacher looked up from the papers he was grading, and he smiled. "Hey, Brooke," He said. "What can I do for you?"

"Well, I was just wondering-"

"Switch your seats?"

I tilted my head a little. He must've noticed my confused expression as to how he knew thats what I wanted because he kept talking. "Mr. Vallen talked to me this morning, because Nick would be returning. Its no worries! I'll put Nick in the back of the class and keep you near the front."

"Really?" I asked happily. "Thank you so much!"

"Its no problem." He smiled. I said goodbye for now, and followed Jessie out of the classroom.

The lunch bell rang, and my heart sank. "Good luck girl." Jessie said as we came to a hault. I groaned, and said goodbye. I slowly turned on my heels and started to walk back into the science building of the school. As I came to the doors, I bumped into Ashton.

"Hey." I said shakily, the nervousness in my voice was pretty obvious.

"You alright?" He asked. 

"Chemistry." I replied. His jaw line tensed slightly.

"You'll be alright." Ashton assured, I kissed his cheek and told him I'll see him next period. I hastily made my way to chemistry, my heart pounding.

Why the hell was I so nervous? He's the one who got his ass kicked and got suspended for a week, why should I care what he thinks or does? I shouldn't, thats the answer. I sighed and waited outside the classroom until my teacher opened the door. 

I walked in and sat down at my usual seat. I groaned as I realized I needed to get a textbook from the back of the class room. As I walked to the back shelf, I heard my teacher's voice behind me. 

"Nick, please come here for a second." 

I rolled my eyes at the fact that Nick was in the same room as me and grabbed a textbook. As I walked back, my eyes darted over to Nick's direction to see him walking to the back of the classroom. He still had a black eye and he looked sad and pissed. Good.

I took my seat and waited for class to start.

Luckily, my new lab partner is shy yet smart, so we worked well together. I felt Nick's angry glare on my back the whole class and it was really uncomfortable. But, its way better than having that dick next to me for an hour straight. Finally, the bell rang and it was time for english I quickly packed my bag up walked out to the courtyard, not bothering to look back and see if Nick was near.

"Brooke!" I heard Jessie's voice behind me. I turned and smiled as she caught up.

"I heard we have a pop quiz today." Jessie groaned as we walked into Mr. Perkins' classroom. I sat down next to Jessie and let my eyes wander around the room. I relaxed as Ashton walked in and headed for Mr. Perkins' desk. Probably to talk about what he missed.

He took a seat a couple minutes later in his desk as the bell rang.

"Hope you all read the chapter over the weekend." Mr. Perkins said as he passed out a half sheet of paper. I felt confident, because I did read it. Jessie passed me a paper and I took out a pencil. I wrote my name and looked at the first question.

I didn't know the answer. 

My eyes darted around in panic. I looked over to Ashton to see his pencil moving fastly, as he probably knew every single answer. Witihin a minute he turned the paper over and sat back.

Shit. I thought to myself. I kept my gaze on him, hoping he would look over. I sighed after a minute and went back to my quiz. I knew all the other answers, luckily. I was on the verge of leaving number one blank, but then that would mean I would only get a 90%.

I looked back over to Ashton, and he was staring at me. He must've noticed the panic in my eyes, because he furrowed eyebrows slightly, as if to ask me what was wrong. 

I knew I shouldn't do this, but a 90% was not acceptable. I took a quick glance at Mr. Perkins, who was sat at his desk grading papers. I looked back over to Ashton slyly and held up a number one with my fingers. Ashton looked at my hand and nodded. Looking over to Mr. Perkins now, to make sure he wasn't looking, and he held up a number two so only I could see.

"B?" I mouthed. He nodded and I shot him a look of gratitude.

I know I just cheated on a quiz, but I was not going to just guess and hope for the best. I quickly shook off the guilt and sat quietly until Mr. Perkins collected them.

The rest of the class was borning and basic, and I was excited yet nervous for after school, because Ashton's never been to my house before. I remembered the first time he saw it, and how amazed he was by it. That memory unfortunately made my heart pound with sudden guilt. Finally, the bell rang, and I walked out with Jessie. "See you tomorrow?" Jessie said as we came to the middle of the courtyard. "Yep!" I replied. I gave a her a quick hug and turned on my heels to find my boyfriend.

AN: I know theres been a lot of fillers, I'm sorry about that! I just dont want to go too fast. But, thank you for reading and telling me you enjoy this story :-)