chapter 18: dark life

Aura pov
After turning yveltal back to good we decided there was no threat in the forest anymore, so we can walk through it, as a shortcut to somewhere else. "Sense when have all of you had these new abilities?" I asked, looking to each one of them. "We didn't even know we had these powers to be honest aura." Flare answered. "They just randomly happen. I think it's because were special."

From within the trees a light glowed. "What's that light?" Kara asked as her eyes sparkled from it. "I sense a dark aura ahead." Lucas spoke, warning us all. I nodded as I was able to sense the aura, too. We followed the light and looked out from around trees. "Xerease." Rose gasped as we seen the pokemon the dark aura was coming from.

"How can that be? Xerease is the pokemon of life. Can it really be turned evil?" Blade asked, giving us all a questioning look. "I'm not sure, but it's visible xerease is evil. We have to help her." I said, my voice sounding a little more stern. He nodded.

"These tree come around the area she's in, in a circle. We'll come from different ends and see if it works." I instructed to them. I didn't receive anything, but they went and gathered around in a circle. With my aura I told them: now. We all went at xerease.

She hopped out of our way with her speed. Her antlers glowed all different colors and she shot a ray of light at us. Before any of us could react it hits us sending us into the trees and on the ground. I groaned in pain as I looked up. Xerease ran away from us, quickly.

"Is everyone okay?" I questioned, as I stood up, shaky. "I'm fine." I believe I heard all them groan at the same time. "That's attack really packs a punch." Blaze said as he come to my side. "I found the aura if you guys are ready." Lucas said informing us all. I looked to the others. "Are you guys ready." They all nodded, then blade spoke "as ready as we'll ever be."

Lucas ran off and we followed until we found xerease. I created an aura blade in my paw and jumped out from where we were watching her. I used a large beam of aura light that came from it to knock xerease off guard. She stumbled and the others raced out to fight, but she quickly got up. Xerease used that light attack she used before.

All of use reacted quickly, using an attack. When the attacks combined they were stronger than the light and hit xerease. She fainted from the powerful blast. We have become a lot stronger than what we were before, but stronger legendaries await us.

Xerease opened her eyes and got up. "Are you all fine?" She asked, looking at us one by one. "We are." I replied giving her a nod. "Forgive me for any distress I may have caused." She added, then turned her head to the sun. "Thank you for turning me back. You guys should rest." Blade stretched and gave a nod to what she said. "We need it."

I watched as they walked a distance into thicker trees. I went to follow when xerease spoke. "Aura. Come I muse speak with you." I turned my head to her to see her walking off. I did as she said and followed. She stopped by a lovely spring that was in the middle of the forest. "Aura, the time is coming. Each day you and your friends draw closer to the end of your journey." She said after a while.

"Yes I know." I quietly said to her as I looked down. "I'm the pokemon of life and I can tell you, the day of the final battle a life will be lost." Her gaze stared at the water, then turned to me. "You know who it is aura. The warning is coming in you heart and your mind, but you know the truth. You can't stop it aura it's his fate." At these words a tear escaped one of my eyes.

It hit the surface of the water and the vision I have been having appeared. On the day of the battle you will lose the one you love. A voice echoed in my mind. Beside me xerease stood up and hit the image with her hoof. "Let that stop haunting you. Fate is fate it can't be changed. You can bend the path to it, but it will always end the same. Twelve days remain until the eve of the summer solstice." Her words were heard as she walked away and I could no longer hear her.

I met up to the place where the others were at already sleeping. I laid down and pretended to rest, but I couldn't. The future still haunted me.